Some unusual finds on the field today.........

Metalgear

Dec 31, 2006
Went out for a couple of hours to a close by field close to the river. Since it rained really hard last night, i was hoping for some arrow heads maybe. Found nothing with the detector. Did eyeballed some objects as in the picture below. One interesting one is a little round ball, not made of metal, since the metal detector will not respond on it. It is as hard as a rock. Either made from clay or stone. If you look close up, it looks like it was made of clay. But i am not sure. First i thought it was a mouse ball, it is about that size. But mouse balls are made either out of steel or rubber. This one will not give in. So no rubber. The next mystery item is the round stick, and on the left side of the picture is a smaller part of the same material. The metal detector reacts on it. So it is a metal. It looks like chalk. but it is not. The small piece has grey copper stains on it, so it could be copper. Furthermore, what is left is two odd shaped stones. Any clue of what the items could be :) Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks ::)

Attachments

• field.JPG
    field.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 342
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
probably a clay marble, cool

HH
-GC

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep the tan round item is a clay marble. The rock looks like an Indian Sex Rock. LOL

The other items I don't know.

HH, Ringfinder

P.S. Keep your eyes on the ground, those clay marbles bring some nice money at a flea marktet, especially if your find some colored ones.

Spidey

Feb 20, 2007
Omaha
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
That round stick looks like a plug for a shotgun. The idea is to limit the number of shells that you can load at a time. Some states limit the number of shells you can have in a gun while hunting, or if you're trap shooting.

OP
OP
Metalgear

Metalgear

Dec 31, 2006
ringfinder said:
Yep the tan round item is a clay marble. The rock looks like an Indian Sex Rock. LOL

HH, Ringfinder

P.S. Keep your eyes on the ground, those clay marbles bring some nice money at a flea marktet, especially if your find some colored ones.

HAHAHAHA....thank you Ringfinder... LOL..... you really got me laughing out loud......LOL.....
Anyway, i go and visit this site at least once a week...... so i will be on the look out for more...colored ones...... this time...... ;D

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metalgear said:
ringfinder said:

HH, Ringfinder

P.S. Keep your eyes on the ground, those clay marbles bring some nice money at a flea market, especially if your find some colored ones.

Hey all kinding aside, the colored clay marbles at some auctions bring big money and I mean big money. I saw about 35 go at one auction for around $1,000. They must have been really special, of course they were the size of baseballs. The ones I find are like shooters, if you know what they are. I have some blue one's and red one's.

HH, Ringfinder

HAHAHAHA....thank you Ringfinder... LOL..... you really got me laughing out loud......LOL.....
Anyway, i go and visit this site at least once a week...... so i will be on the look out for more...colored ones...... this time...... ;D

OP
OP
Metalgear

Metalgear

Dec 31, 2006
WOW, that is amazing. Thank you for the info Ringfinder. I appreciate that. The one that i found is llike the size of a modern standard marble, maybe a bit smaller. But hey...... it is my first clay marble and i love it..... Priceless................ :) Thank you again for the info.... now you got me all excited and now i cannot wait to go back to the spot to find more.... LOL

OP
OP
Metalgear

Metalgear

Dec 31, 2006
Spidey said:
That round stick looks like a plug for a shotgun. The idea is to limit the number of shells that you can load at a time. Some states limit the number of shells you can have in a gun while hunting, or if you're trap shooting.

Thanks Spidey. Makes sense. Cool infor Bro.......... 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread