Some WOW Finds From The DR

TheRev

Greenie
Aug 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both found in the last two months. Pretty exciting.

image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
OP
TheRev

TheRev

Greenie
Aug 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sure is. It's a Mayan grinding table. All from a wreck circa early to mid 1500s. Many coins and Mayan artifacts found. image.jpg

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
TheRev:

That is what I guessed before I saw your next post!

In Mexico I believe that is a "metate."

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where was these artifacts found? South side of the DR?What treasure company are you working with?

OP
OP
TheRev

TheRev

Greenie
Aug 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa, thought I had that in the original post. I remember typing it. These finds were made by Deep Blue Marine (DPBE) under the direction of Capt William Rawson. I believe they are on the North Shore. I don't work with them. They have been there a couple of years and have recovered over 1000 coins from 3 different wreck sites. They started diving again in March and in the last few months have had some amazing finds including the chest, Mayan table and more.

They have also found 4 rare 3 Reale coins on this site. Reps from the Discovery Channel were on board last week. The company is being close lipped, but it looks like something big. Some of the ships that went down in their contracted area have cargo that makes any treasure hunter's mouth water.

image.jpg

theGOLD

Dec 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
JW Fisher 8x
Woah that's a whole different level. Pretty interested in that chest right now. During the restoration process would the entire chest be submerged in solution and opened later or would it be opened first to see if a different process should be used for the various contents?

-GOLD

OP
OP
TheRev

TheRev

Greenie
Aug 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some of the rare 3 Reale coins Deep Blue Marine has found on this site. Wouldn't it be great if there were a bunch more in the chest?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Anxious to know what is in the seaman's chest... Amazing photos. Thank You for posting...

OP
OP
TheRev

TheRev

Greenie
Aug 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every day more wonderful finds from Deep Blue Marine (DPBE). Here are a bunch of golden beads, probably Mayan. They have found similar beads made of jade a couple of months back. This looks like a truly exciting site!

image.jpg image.jpg

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool finds! I hope to see more posted soon.

Steve

OP
OP
TheRev

TheRev

Greenie
Aug 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weather had DEEP BLUE MARINE moving on to a second site last week. They actually have THREE treasure producing wreck sites to work. Here are some finds from last week...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
OP
TheRev

TheRev

Greenie
Aug 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, and there was this beautiful engraved button. It shows the Soleil Royal - the Sun King named after Loius XIV.

It was the magnificent flagship of the French fleet around 1680.

image.jpg

OP
OP
TheRev

TheRev

Greenie
Aug 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we have either Miss Dominican Republic or one of the other contestants diving with the Deep Blue Marine crew. She came over with the Discovery channel crew when they were on board filming a couple of weeks back.

image.jpg

OP
OP
TheRev

TheRev

Greenie
Aug 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And Deep Blue Marine also had some reps on board from Garrett metal detectors. They were very impressed with the treasures recovered and left the crew with some nice new equipment.

image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
OP
TheRev

TheRev

Greenie
Aug 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a small sample of the amazing treasures recovered by Deep Blue Marine working in the Dominican Republic

image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
OP
TheRev

TheRev

Greenie
Aug 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some more finds from Capt Billy Rawson and the Deep Blue Marine (DPBE) crew....These are from the Galliffet site

image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
OP
TheRev

TheRev

Greenie
Aug 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some highlight finds from the Galliffet site by Deep Blue Marine

image.jpg