Somebodys Misfortune became my Fortune!

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Somebody's Misfortune became my Fortune!

Today was my last vacation day and it was a beautiful Florida day so i hooked up my boat and used it to reach a secluded beach which is a favorite spot as I've never seen anyone else ever hunt it because it takes a boat to reach it. :D
I got there early and only one boat was anchored other than mine. I pulled out the Excal and started hunting. Lots of targets mostly bottle caps and pull tabs. I use a floating sifting box so I'm digging and dumping. The water was chilly probably 72 degrees. I hunted about 45 minutes and stopped for a clean up and counted out $2.03 in change. Took a sip of water and got back to work for another hour before taking another break. About .56 in change this go round and a 14 kt. white gold ring with 7 stones showing. ;D Somebody surely was crying when they lost this beauty. :'( I'll take it in for appraisal next week and will post results on here. Returned to hunting and dug another .80 in change. The area around me had gradually filled with about 8 more boaters and I decided to call it a day as they were moored where I wanted to hunt.
Grand total: $3.39 in clad and a 14 kt. diamond ring. Not too shabby for a November day.
I have another week off in December and maybe I'll get another chance to hunt what I missed. ;)

Attachments

• MVC-012S.JPG
    MVC-012S.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,063
Upvote 0

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.
Re: Somebody's Misfortune became my Fortune!

thats looks real nice,good find

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sweet ring good luck on the return trip. I'm curious, I'm pretty new to water hunting (I got my Tiger Shark labor day) did you wear a wet suit? If not, at what temperature do you wear one?

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

That's a beautiful ring.
Congrats on a great find!!
Love those goldies!! ;D

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Willy D, normally you wear a wet suit if your going to be in the water at all because of the cold spray and wind chill. Wear it when ever you think it will make a more warm hunt.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

that ring is beautifullllllllllllllllllllllllllll

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman said:
Willy D, normally you wear a wet suit if your going to be in the water at all because of the cold spray and wind chill. Wear it when ever you think it will make a more warm hunt.
Thanks Sandman, just didn't want to go hunting overdressed and get overheated too easily.

OP
OP
FLauthor

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Willy D, Normally I would have worn a wet suit but I've outgrown it. The water was a chilly 72 degrees but the sun was warm and air temperature in the 80's. Depending on your locale depends on the thickness of the neoprene, Right, Sandman? I'm in Florida and the water temps don't get much below 40 in the winter but even spring water at 72 degrees will give you the shakes after an hour of exposure.
If you elect to use waders, get neoprene, they are warmer and more water tight than the other type.
Think safety first always.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Looks like i need a wetsuit. ;D

OP
OP
FLauthor

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Just got my ring back from being appraised. The seven diamonds combined weight is .31 caret and is valued at $800.00. Not too shabby for a few hours work.

Attachments

• MVC-013S.JPG
    MVC-013S.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 635

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

that is beautiful ....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread