Someone at Loomis is making me mad...

mrbks22

Sep 13, 2016
Texas
Detector(s) used
Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had a half dozen rolls in my last 5 boxes that were short a coin. Not just short a coin, but I think someone is taking the enders out of my rolls.

Some of you more experienced CRHers may know more about this than me. Am I crazy or are these rolls being tampered with?

075.JPG

I'm curious about your opinion on this. Every roll I find like this is short one coin.

Thanks and Happy Hunting!

Upvote 0

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I don't know for sure how the machines work that make the end crimp but I would suspect the way that looks is more the result of the roll being short 1 coin already when it went through the machine rather than being tampered with afterwards. Just my uneducated guess

OP
OP
M

mrbks22

Sep 13, 2016
Texas
Detector(s) used
Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know for sure how the machines work that make the end crimp but I would suspect the way that looks is more the result of the roll being short 1 coin already when it went through the machine rather than being tampered with afterwards. Just my uneducated guess

I didn't consider that. I just assumed the worst and figured that's why I wasn't finding any enders. I have found one in those boxes, but it was a reverse ender that I missed until I opened the wrapper.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
The roll shown has been previously opened at the end. You have a case of someone who is either deliberately removing a coin from the roll, or someone who can not count when refilling a roll.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually, from my exp. of working at a facility. That looks like a roll that had a coin get spit out as the roll was being wrapped and crimped. I've seen that happened before with other coins. I could be wrong, but we're the boxes sealed?

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be a malfunctioning machine roller. No use getting mad over whatever the cause is.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't look tampered with by humans, as others have said its probably due to an error with the rolling/crimping machine.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a recent box that was off about 5 dollars. Sealed. Some rolls were one coin short. I have reduced my orders, not worth it with such slim finds. It's just a different machine, that's why it's not working.

OP
OP
M

mrbks22

Sep 13, 2016
Texas
Detector(s) used
Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies. Finding less than one per box, I was just thinking I was missing out. Now it's just missing out on the $$ I suppose. The CRH tax I've read about in past posts.

Hawgpharm

Apr 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Loomis box this week was short 7 coins. One roll only had 17 in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup I just got a few short rolls in a box for the first time in a while. Just gotta laugh it off.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I would spot check the box before leaving the bank and if anything looks funny, ask for a replacement. count out the roll right there in front of the teller. But maybe I am being too picky.
Good luck on the hunt.

Sincerely, Garoulady

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would spot check the box before leaving the bank and if anything looks funny, ask for a replacement. count out the roll right there in front of the teller. But maybe I am being too picky.
Good luck on the hunt.

Sincerely, Garoulady

Problem with that is most banks won'the have a replacement box of halves. They only order the number of boxes requested by customers.

hokielegend

Nov 8, 2012
east
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on the hunt.

Sincerely, Garoulady

As previously mentioned, cough it up as CRH tax.

Last thing I want to do is raise this issue with the teller and thus the attention of the head teller. This may goes to higher up and who knows what happen next.

OP
OP
M

mrbks22

Sep 13, 2016
Texas
Detector(s) used
Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, I'm not making a fuss about missing a few coins. I'm just on a bad streak and dreaming of that AG!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread