Good thing you were there to claim your bounty before the poacher
weasled any away !

LOL, Im still laughing..... poaching coin roll hunters - haha

Let us know what you find !

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dont be sup prized, there are some jerks on here who dont post and just look and could for all intensive purposes be considered pirates. This form is very public.
there is some idiot CHR in my town that are really left a bad taste in the mouths of some of the local banks.
To give you an Idea of just how stupid he is. he was getting halves from a local bank in mass, going though them, then taking them back to the same bank to deposit. I have seen him once, some old man who is not very bright, But all the banks in that area of town now have a policy to not sell more than $100 worth of halves at a time to Anyone. This guy is so dumb he told them what was going on and what he was doing.
So all the tellers at a couple banks here every time I go in for halves keep telling me this story about how they cant give more than $100 to collectors because the go though search them for silver then re deposit them back at the same bank incurring them a lot of fees. Now really, what kind of moron does that? At least I know he would have to be getting the same rate or worse than i am in skunk boxes of late, maybe this will discourage him and in time burned bridges here can heal and be rebuilt, it sucks that I have to show that I am a business and that I am ordering the halves for commerce each time I go into that bank.
So dont be surprised when people act this way and try to take what you have been working so hard for, also dont be surpprized if they are spiteful because you may have had more luck than them.
These are probably also the same people who have a limited thinking scope and think that marking halves makes them "safe" from ever having silver again.
what really gets me is when I find marked silver....blind as well as dumb? beats me.
either way, there are people out there who find it necessary to take what they can, and they will screw you in the process. These are also people who are lazy, think that you cant make money honestly, and either have some greed fever and or are desperate.

OP
OP
R

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
I guess I am not very bright myself because I told everyone here when they were coming in and when I could pick them up. He was just calling around trying to find the bank. If they would have told him the coins were in all he would have had to do is show up and say that he was there to pick up the order and pay the teller. The people at that bank don't know me very well and anyone could have showed up and bought them.

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
I don't know why someone would bother "poaching" your Ikes. Why would someone waste all that time when all they have to do is go to their own bank and just order some. My main bank said they could order as many as I wanted, but I have doubts in my mind about success with those things, and not to mention trying to dump a thousand Ikes somewhere. More importantly, what did you find?!!!?? Gpurs...

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sucks. I've found most GA hunters to be nice and considerate people.

But I also know the Fed boxes aren't producing well right now. I only got 1 1967 in my last 2 boxes. Maybe someone just got discouraged.

HH.

low xtreme

Oct 5, 2006
georgia
wasn't me, i live in south east ga anyway. doesn't surprise me someone would do that though. gotta be careful what you post on the internet, everyone will see it.

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Twasn't me.....

I have 60 Ikes under the truck seat. Trying to "spend 'em up". I've found few Ikes, and never any keepers. I buy 'em on the off chance the "big dollars" will have Morgans or Peace coins in 'em.

Robin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread