badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone here asked about pouches and I can't find the thread

but I will tell you when looking for a pouch find one with a mesh bottom. The other day I got in my car, threw my pouch and sheath on the seat and before I could blink I had a seat full of dirt. What a time I had cleaning the leather of all that dried dirt. I realized I didn't need that mess. My suggestion is to look for a bag with a mesh bottom and a Sheath that is open so any mud on your items falls out the bag as it dries. Unless you clean the bag and Sheath after every hunt, something I Always do, but I forgot and the mess was my results.

Sorry for the New thread on the subject but I honestly couldn't find the other one and I used the search feature. Feel free to move this thread if you deem it necessary; I am just trying to help out a newbie and advise them of the possible mess they will have. I think more dirt came out of my Sheath than the bag, I dumped it and was surprised at what emptied out of it.

Last edited:

GreatElb

Mar 24, 2013
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well said. I had the same happen to me a while back so I use the floorboard now.

It's amazing how much dirt can collect in the pouch for a Lesche. I dump mine after a couple hunts once it all dries up and I swear it feels a full pound lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
+1, on the mesh bottomed bag I got 5 other bags befor I chose the right one

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread