Someone is selling $1.50 of copper pennies for $19.99!!

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
While googling copper pennies I came across "Heartland America". They have a pound of copper pennies for sale for "only" $19.99.

If I remember right, there are 150 pennies in a pound. Therefore, they are selling $1.50 in copper pennies for $19.99.

WOW!

And they do not SAY how MANY coins it is. They make is sound like it is a LOT of pennies. A full POUND. What a ripoff!

Here is their ad. I post it here because it shocked me to see it.

<<Pound Of Copper Pennies
A terrific value - a pound of pre-1983 Lincoln pennies for under $20! Because the price of metals has risen, it now costs the U.S. mint more to produce a penny than it’s face value. And that’s with today’s pennies being made from copper-plated zinc. That makes these 95% copper pennies even more valuable. This bag contains one pound of pre-1983 circulated Lincoln pennies in Good condition or better. Some of these coins are even the highly coveted Wheaties that were issued from 1909-1958! All of the coins are guaranteed to be struck in 95% copper. >>

Yep. A terrific value. ;-)

Upvote 0

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I don't know who would be dumber, the person selling the pennies or a person buying them, considering copper is only at $3.19/lb.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ROFLMAO -- some one is that dumb ? cripes how do they walk up right and know how to turn on a computer?

OP
OP
jrf30

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
On ebay there is a catagory for pennies. een a sub catagory for just newer memorial pennies. Just look there.

They sell for about $100 - $120 for $50 worth of pennies there.

I'd sure like to find some idiots buying at $19.99 for $1.50 worth of pennies. That would make this hobby MUCH more fun! :-)

For "normal" folks, it seems the price is about $2.250 per $1.00 of coppers. At least on ebay. And I haven't found anyone that will buy them for more than that elsewhere yet.

Ryedale

Feb 3, 2007
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
I would sell every copper penny I have at that price. Lets see, 2000 lbs by $19.95 = $39900 Ok I'm in.

OP
OP
jrf30

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
In 2009 there will be some new designs for teh penny. Picturews of events in teh life of Abraham Lincoln. All on the back, instead of the Lincoln Memorial that you see now.

It is following in the footsteps of the state quarters, the new dollars, and the new gimmicks of the mint to get people to want to collect or use these coins.

John

Draskinn

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2006
CT, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter
I think old P.T. Barnum said all that needed to be said about this one. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread