Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took a break reluctantly from the area I was very productively hunting for a neighbor stopped by and asked if I might locate some property markers for her with my detector. I agreed and while looking for them she told me there used to be an old camp there for tourists and it was built in the 1800's and was torn down in 1937. I secured permission to hunt it at a later date and she was thrilled that I was able to find her property stakes and also found this while looking for them.

Attachments

• Maine Chauffer.JPG
    Maine Chauffer.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 331
Upvote 0

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Wow neat badge Mainedigger . A reward for your hard work locating the property stakes ;D

OP
OP
Mainedigger

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also..not sure if it is silver or not...no hallmarks or anything saying sterling on it, back mark say...W&H Co., Newark NJ and down the bottom it says Whitehead Hoag, whatever that means?

OP
OP
Mainedigger

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Blackjack...though the license is dated 1931, think the renewal date has gone by...:):)

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 5 years ago, I found a Virginia chauffeur badge from the 30's. This was the only find I have ever sold, and only because someone offered me $200 for it. Yours may be more valuable than you think. Nice find.

Buckleboy

OP
OP
Mainedigger

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$200?? damn now I am even more P.O.'d the pin broke off the back as I was washing the dirt off of it...:(:(

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Does the mark look like any of these ?? This company was sold but still keep the same marker mark.

Attachments

• SILVER MARK.JPG
    SILVER MARK.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 299
OP
OP
Mainedigger

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spitfire....jsut stamped W & H Company on the top of the clasp base and under the clasp base it says Newark NJ...no hall marks anywhere that I can see and nothing denoting it to be sterling...thanks for the lookup and effort and post...much appreciated!!

usmcscorpio

Oct 7, 2003
Delaware
Hello to all...here's a 1920 New Hampshire Chauffeur License. As I understand it, you were required by law to wear this (via a stick pin on the back) on your lapel, or overall strap if you wanted to operate a motor vehicle. I found it near Boston Mass several years ago with an old Eagle Spectrum. I've had it all these years and never would have imagined that it would be worth much. I'd like to know if mine is worth much? I'll see if I can research it (and the nice one above) and see what they are fetching, in terms of price. TY to all and Happy Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_1337.JPG
    IMG_1337.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 276

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread