Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been struggling through some personal turmoil lately.
Thought I needed a bit more of a "normal" walk today.

So, with the threat of some snow tomorrow, I figured I'd better
get a clad fix.

Didn't do too terrible:

2017 (79).jpg
2017 (81).jpg

Can you IMAGINE?!?! What I thought when
I first saw the outer edges of the design
on this coin!? LOL

2017 (80).jpg

Not exactly what I was looking for but I'm not displeased.
It was like a shot in the arm. Big unexpected coins do that
for me. LOL

2017 (82).jpg

To top it all off, this short piece of chain that the kids are playing
tug-o-war with is marked .925. So, back to normal....sort of. :dontknow:

Thanks for taking a moment to peek.

Upvote 18
Very productive day. Nice digs always do a lot for my mood. Congratulations!

Hunts like that are great therapy, lots of targets too.
Nice pile of clad with a little silver to top it off with. Congrats!!

Congratulations on the very productive hunt and cool token! :occasion14:

I must say that metal detecting is so relaxing and centering a must when your feeling down!

Hunts like that are great therapy, lots of targets too.
Nice pile of clad with a little silver to top it off with. Congrats!!

Congratulations on the very productive hunt and cool token! :occasion14:

I must say that metal detecting is so relaxing and centering a must when your feeling down!

Thanks. Yeah, the "walks" are about more than just finding treasures. At least, they are to me. Doesn't
always work but it is a good coping mechanism.

Finding a bit of silver icing just tops it off. :)

Whadi, tell those pocket pets to share that silver! I really like the big token, a neat piece of history, congrats on the goodies and a nice walk! Sub8-)

Nice digs Whadi, a descent clad haul, cool token, and silver chain, looks like you had a good walk..

Nice digs Whadi, a descent clad haul, cool token, and silver chain, looks like you had a good walk..

Another plus side to this walk is that this is a place I've been too many times before. I started checking out a spot, (on the way back to the car), and got indications that I wasn't the only one skirting this trash filled area. Sure, there's trash, but, there was also this token AND the silver chain! ;) I got the feeling that this area has never been hit. Can we say, "hot pocket"? LOL

Trouble was that I found it so late today. I was POOPED! :dontknow:

You can bet I'll be back.....once again! LOL ;)

Nice hunt Whadi,, nice piece of silver chain.
The Triborough token is of course from NYC and was used from 1983 - 1985. I don't find too many of them up here so it isn't a really common find.

Nice hunt Whadi,, nice piece of silver chain.
The Triborough token is of course from NYC and was used from 1983 - 1985. I don't find too many of them up here so it isn't a really common find.

Thanks! I do know that but it wasn't the age or rarity of this particular find that struck me. Oh, I do realize and appreciate it! It's just that this is a fairly large coin, a solid signal, wasn't deep. Just probably ignored among the trash. It was EASY to find! If one is just a bit careful. It tells me that I have a new hunting ground! THAT's what excites me here. Could be wrong, but that's ok, been wrong before, once or twice. ;)

Thanks again!

It really can be theraputic if you can find an area where people aren't asking you all manner of questions.I hope you get the clarity that you seek.

Ah! The secret is out, the thing that keeps us all detecting. Every time we go out, "Ya just never know"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back