Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have any of you ever found one of these?

Strange as it seems and believe me, it was the first time to ever see one myself. When I dug it out of the ground, I thought I had found something really interesting till I flipped it over and saw TJ starring back at me. I had to do a "google" search to find out what this thing was. ;D ;D ;D ;D Well, so much as to finding gold, silver :'( :'( maybe next time :D

;) RR

Attachments

• LA Purchase Nickel.jpg
    LA Purchase Nickel.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 902
  • p5290023 (2).jpg
    p5290023 (2).jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 912
  • 2004nickelRev_peaceMedal_144x144.jpg
    2004nickelRev_peaceMedal_144x144.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 877
Upvote 0
OP
OP
River Rat

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the nice replies about the "something different". Sure surprised me at 1st glance. Mike, I want to thank you for posting the website...dumb me forgot to add it, I had just added the pic only. Shame on me!! ;D

;) RR

Tsalagi

May 4, 2007
Louisville, KY
Detector(s) used
discovery 1100/GC-1016a/GC1018
its funny how i see all these peoples coin counter for clad and the nickels always seem to be the least found coin.
are we all neglecting the poor thing or what? ;D talk about discrimination :D
poor poor TJ :'(

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah. There's one with a buffalo on the back that gave me a brief rush . . . though it's facing the wrong way. ;) I guess it's good they're making the coins interesting. I still prefer the "pretty Liberty" coins of the past. My Father used to still gripe about FDR's fat head having replaced the "Freedom of Thought" Liberty (it's not Mercury, in fact) on the dime well into the 60's. :D

Someone must have been mad or constipated when they designed the Susan B. Dollar. She looks like a mean 'ol buzzard.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D I remember the first time I found one of those new/old looking quarters, RR. It had me goin good too! :D Glad ya got to go out and play, though!!!

Nana :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread