curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....something cute for you and...some revenge on the "bugs"...the squirrel is eating one! :O

FSCN9266.JPG ...;)

Last edited:

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey kat!! Nothing like Bug Breakfast to start the day off!! Thanks for sharing!! Hope your well!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love squirrels and we have a bunch here. They yell at me every morning to give them nuts. Sometimes pecans, sometimes peanuts. One even jumps quite a distance from the oaks to the roof, peeks over at me and raises all kinds of heck. Really like your pic. Looking at his tummy I know he hasn't missed a meal. You obviously do a great job of taking care of them. Thanks again...

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERDE....they do seem to really like their protein. Hope you're well also. :)

vpnavy...thank you much. ;)

Austin....you're very welcome, glad I could do it. I think the squirrels must :love2: you if they get pecans! Ours only get peanuts and the native black walnuts...and the "bugs"....yuck.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
VERDE....they do seem to really like their protein. Hope you're well also. :)

vpnavy...thank you much. ;)

Austin....you're very welcome, glad I could do it. I think the squirrels must :love2: you if they get pecans! Ours only get peanuts and the native black walnuts...and the "bugs"....yuck.[/QUOT

I lived in an oak forest with a lot of country around me. I used to feed 2-3 stray cats which attracted a skunk, a mother racoon and two babies, a dozen or more squirrels, some deer(just passing through and a couple of coyotes. The coyotes got lunchmeat, the squirrels got giant paper shell pecans which they would take out of my hand or dig in my shirt pocket for. A jay watched this, starting flying to the table on my deck to get a pecan, then just started landing and taking them from my hand. The skunk was wild, but would come inside when I opened the door and sit next to my black and white cat while he waited for cat food. I had a condo which I sold and now live in a third floor apt. with squirrels and NO BUGS. But it's almost over. I will be moving to Montana in a year to live with my sister on her horse ranch. She feeds nothing because game will attract grizz. She built me a house on the back forty so I get a house with God knows what looking in the windows. Guess it's S&W 500 time...

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you've had lots of "critter" friends & they sure liked/love you! The place at your sisters sounds very nice and you'll get to feed horses now! They have such different personalities you'll find one you enjoy visiting I'll bet. Our horse (we lost one :() is so smart & great company. I don't know what " S&W 500 time...." means though?

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like you've had lots of "critter" friends & they sure liked/love you! The place at your sisters sounds very nice and you'll get to feed horses now! They have such different personalities you'll find one you enjoy visiting I'll bet. Our horse (we lost one :() is so smart & great company. I don't know what " S&W 500 time...." means though?

It's the largest caliber handgun made and Smith and Wesson guarantees it will kill anything on this planet with 1 shot. No bear spray cans for me. I just feel safer (at 66 I don't run very fast)when armed...

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK Austin...:thumbsup: now I know, thanks and I hope you never have to use it! What about a dog...heard that bears don't like them & would be some warm company to!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions