Something for the grandsons....

Shorty Buckshot

Aug 19, 2012
Northeast Indiana
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my way home this afternoon and seen a yard sale in progress (unusual for a Monday) and decided to stop and take a look...walked around a minute and see something relatively familiar leaning against a tree....asked the lady "how much?" and she said "how about a dollar?" Brought it home and installed batteries and yahoo it works!!! I have 11 year old and 5 year old grandsons who live next door and come out to "help me" when I am goofing around in the yard with the Ace 250....So I figure they can help me detect yard "treasure" and they can keep anything they find.....The $1 investment is well worth the bonding with the boys....

Attachments

• detector.JPG
    detector.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 24

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
they will enjoy that metal detecting is a good hobby to get in to the only bad thing about this hobby it is so addicting

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
THAT IS THE SAME DETECTOR THAT I FOUND A 1800.00 MOTORCYCLE 1911 VA PLATE WITH AND I THOUGHT WAS WORTH 20.00 , AND A HONEST PERSON PAID ME WHAT IT WAS REALLY WORTH. GRANDSONS AND MAYBE NOT THE BEST OF DETECTORS PRICELESS< DONT LET THESE OLE GEMS FOOL YOU CAUSE THE ONE I HAD BROUGHT ME BEGINNERS LUCK.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic idea! I get out with my son and grandson on occasion, and it's the best- GL to you all!

-- Jeff --

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang, great deal. I sold my first metal detector at a yard sale probably 35 years ago for $2.00.

s-l225.jpg

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig that BEEP! Cool score on that beep beep machine. That should keep them occupied chasing treasure around the yard. Can't go wrong on one Federal Reserve Note. :icon_thumright:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice yard sale find. It was without a doubt a good deal, to spend time with your Grandsons.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I picked up a practically new detector for $30, still had price tag for about $100 from store. gave it to my two grandsons to use which they did. Then my daughter was a an estate sale a month later and picked up a very nice Whites for $6 so these two boys are set. It is pretty cool when they come to visit and they bring their own detectors to hunt with you

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is awesome! I had that exact detector when I was a kid! They should have a ton of fun. I sure did.
:occasion14:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Of all the treasures that we may dig up, there's nothing as priceless as family! Good score!

Fixitdave

May 11, 2012
I have the same detector sitting in the closet I let the neighborhood kids use it from time to time

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread