Something to think about

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
I thought this might be of some help to people who are fairly new to metal detecting.
Some of us have or will have guite a bit of snow on the ground. It's a good time to think of places you dig that have areas that are usually to overgrown to get into. The weight of the snow will pack the brush down enough where you can get into some of these spots and dig. Think about these places and try to remember any you might have forgotten while the snow is still on the ground and hit them as soon as the snow melts enough to hunt them.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't like to even use the word "Dig" as that gives the impression that you need to dig a hole everywhere. Hunters place all the dirt on top of the grass without a cloth to hold the dirt and in many times they leave the hole uncovered with the trash they picked up on top of the pile. These slobs are the main reason we're losing much of our hunting territory. When you are snowed in is the time to do research or scout out new areas.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vayank54 said:
I thought this might be of some help to people who are fairly new to metal detecting.
Some of us have or will have guite a bit of snow on the ground. It's a good time to think of places you dig that have areas that are usually to overgrown to get into. The weight of the snow will pack the brush down enough where you can get into some of these spots and dig. Think about these places and try to remember any you might have forgotten while the snow is still on the ground and hit them as soon as the snow melts enough to hunt them.

Absolutely and is exactly my plan for a good looking field I seen in the Fall. It used to be a farm field so even it being about 3 feet high the snow will beat it near flat. Actually, make that two fields because there's another good looking one right beside it that is still farmed, but too long at the time. Considering the area, and sites we've already found, I am very sure these will give up some old finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread