Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah.....not about marketing at all....animal rights propaganda.

Half of all antibiotics go to animals? let me check on that one........not very easy to google.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We raise sheep, turkey and chickens. Treat them well, feed them well, interact with them and give them the run of the property in the day and tuck them in at night. And occasionally smack one in the back of the head with a length of steel pipe and eat it (the sheep I take live to the slaughterhouse and pick up wrapped cuts and sausage).

We have some of each that will retire and be buried here. Some warm to humans and become pets. The rest . . . life can be cruel. That's how it works.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am appalled.I friggin LOVE all animals.usually on a grill with lemon pepper.

cheers

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Anyone that doesn't know where their food comes from deserves to eat what they get.

That having been said, 50% of antibiotics? I'll require more than her word on that. It's not beyond the realm of probability but I'd like to see some primary research on the topic before I believe it.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I raised sows and sold the piglets for 4H projects. That sow in the picture was terrified and in pain. Pigs are very smart and much like us. This film is misleading as factory raised beef and pork could not feed America let alone all we send overseas. But there is a reason we cant sell beef and pork to some country's. That would really scare you. As with vaccines I fear the drugs used in animals is already too late to save us. Time will tell. As for the American Farmer, I have never seen animals mistreated as portrayed here.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if they didn't always want to make everything bigger & better (?) all the time I doubt we would have this much of a problem, because bigger is not always better it is always about the money not the product. If they own it all they don't care about anything but the money and will do whatever it takes to get it, including lie to everyone.

Small Individual farmers are bought out by corporations. The food manufactures had to buy a minimum amount of salt and sugar that would cost money to get rid of the excess so they put it in the food. Was it good for us? No.

Monsanto as we speak is suing the little state of Vermont because the state wants food that is genetically engineered to be labeled so. Monsanto says it interferes with their free speech, talk about a$$ backwards!

They, the corps., are even suing natural farmers for "stealing" because the corps. genetically engineered plants pollen is found in natural crops from bees doing the pollination. That is just crazy!

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Humans must come first. We are meat eaters, yet we love and protect other creatures we eat? Seeing the brutality of killing them can be overwhelming, but every kid loves MacDs. Don't hate me for brutalizing this head of lettuce to go w my juicy steak.
Peace

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
To feed the masses though,the farming industry has to compromise the flavor of the meat by cramming the animals together,using antibiotics to grow them super fast.and we end up with a product that isn't as good as it could be because of mass production. The best chicken I even ate was in Mexico,when I was on a mission trip with our son and it was free range chicken,scrawny but tasty.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Humans must come first. We are meat eaters

I got an ex-wife you could roast in a pit fire. She's probably still got some prozac in her though...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That having been said, 50% of antibiotics? I'll require more than her word on that. It's not beyond the realm of probability but I'd like to see some primary research on the topic before I believe it.

Might be true. The problem is we put it in the feed. Whether they need it or not it's easier just to dose all animals. But that breeds immunity in the disease/virus/bacteria, so you have to add more or use something different. Probably one reason we've come up with penicillin resistant strains and are headed to more and more aggressive and drug resistant bacteria. It's fairly scary. We have to ask specifically to get chick starter that doesn't include antibiotics. Not that I'm against drugs - I just don't think we should use them on otherwise healthy livestock. But when they're jambed in like sardines an infection can wipe out a whole farm.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread