Something was trying to tell me...

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Something was trying to tell me to stay home this morning. I could feel it in my bones but nooooo I wanted to go hunting. Everything was working against me going. I had to get a few things at Walmart and I like going real early so I went there first then I planned on going to the fairgrounds. Got done at Walmart and left the store but when I got to the street it was a no left turn. Soooooo I turned and went to the back of Walmart to go out another street... still no left turn so I had to turn right and go a block to get turned around the way I wanted to go.

Then I turned on a street that I used to use all the time.... the street had been closed off. Remember I had moved to North Florida for a couple of years and had not used that street for quite a while. Soooo I had to back out from there. I turned to go through an old gas station that was no longer open.... Nope road blocked off from there too. Soooo I turned around in there and had to go through two more store lots to get out to the darn street! OK I'm finally on my way. It took me a little over an hour to get to the fairgrounds and.... I couldn't hunt. The whole place is full of trucks, campers and circus equipment. They were getting ready for the fair. Sheesh Soooooo no hunting there this morning but it should be good when the fair closes. I will have to look up when that is.

Soooo I ended up at a park. It was interesting there. I did not get my goal this morning but I did find a pair of boys knee length shorts buried deep in the sand in front of the swings. My mind was working full blast when I pictured how they got there. I pictured a kid swinging higher and higher and then jumping out but he was so high that he jumped right out of his shorts! ;D ok so that wasn't the way it was. I guess the zipper is what set my detector off. When I was digging the target I thought I had dug down to a layer that they sometimes put down in playgrounds to keep the sand or chips in place. Kind of a plastic backing but it just didn't feel like that so I kept digging and out came the shorts. LOL

Junk0212091.jpg

I also found 2 toy cars, 1 toy truck, a basketball air needle (I don't know what they are called), a cheap butterfly earring and a total of $1.32 in clad. I'll take it and wait impatiently for the fair to close so I can hunt there!
Shorts0212091.jpg

ToyCars021209.jpg

Junk0212092.jpg

I hope your day not as aggravating as mine but at least as profitable! ::)

Upvote 0

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumzie, you have such wild and crazy adventures! Kane 23

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
mumszie,
;D sounds like you had a fun day. ;D

Those shorts sure could tell a story. :icon_scratch:

Me, aggravating days are becoming less and less.
All that driving, I would have called it scouting. :D

Better days coming.

have a good un................
SHERMANVILLE

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My day was much more aggravating, woke up to another 4" of snow for a total of 10" now. I would say you had a great day, LOL! You might consider taking a walk through the fair and pinpoint all the good places people can lose stuff. HH, Mike

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bavaria Mike said:
My day was much more aggravating, woke up to another 4" of snow for a total of 10" now. I would say you had a great day, LOL! You might consider taking a walk through the fair and pinpoint all the good places people can lose stuff. HH, Mike
Congrats on an adventurous day Mumszie. I agree with Bavaria Mike on walking through the fair. If you can't walk through, then you can take pics or do sketches of all the hot spots. I've got a fairground that I've hunted the last few years. I always tell myself to get over there and do recon but I never do :tard:

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Did you check the pockets Mumszie? :D Sounds like it was fun, better than sitting here watching the snow melt. :-\

Whoaaaaaa NO I didn't. Gonna do it right now! WOW can't believe I didn't.

Mrs Bloom

Nov 3, 2007
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
What a ride! LOL! A quick question about the fairgrounds, is it a county owned fairground? There is one in Palmetto (FL) which is either owned by the county or city. Do you think I'd have to get permission to md there even though it's public property?

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
yardqueen said:
What a ride! LOL! A quick question about the fairgrounds, is it a county owned fairground? There is one in Palmetto (FL) which is either owned by the county or city. Do you think I'd have to get permission to md there even though it's public property?

You have to get permission to hunt everywhere now days. I've had permission to hunt several fairgrounds but the one in my own county was no, no NO! Go figure. I even asked if I could just hunt the grassy parking area and it was also NO! **sigh** I've had permission to hunt 3 racetracks and yet in my own county - it's NO!

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Did you check the pockets Mumszie? :D Sounds like it was fun, better than sitting here watching the snow melt. :-\

Well I dug the shorts out of the garbage and checked all the pockets. Nothing but sand. Ah well thanks for reminding me anyway!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
ROFL jumped right out of his shorts eh? I could just picture it as I was reading your story! Too funny! I am sooo glad you finally found a spot to detect! Sheesh that was quite an ordeal to go through!! Maybe you should check the trash can in case all the goodies fell out of the pockets? lol Have yourself an awesome day sweet lady!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread