Sometimes Civil War Relics Arent Dug, Theyre Just Found Again

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Don't understand why people are saying congrats, No one knows if he is the one who found this trunk or not..Unless I am missing something .. Yeah it is a great find but if your not the finder it's not a great find for you...

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't understand why people are saying congrats, No one knows if he is the one who found this trunk or not..Unless I am missing something .. Yeah it is a great find but if your not the finder it's not a great find for you...
The OP is the one who posted the photos on facebook. The photos appear to be taken in a home versus at the Flea Market. I know he doesn't actually come out and say he is the buyer of the trunk, but one could assume. Then again... What say you Steve (aka-civilwarren), are you the finder/purchaser?

PS- I just want to know the purchase price. It's rare to find a group of CW items all belonging to the same soldier. Was there anything else in the trunk besides the CW stuff?

15th Regiment Iowa E company, Capt. John P. Craig, commisioned 1st lieut. Dec. 1, 1861, promoted to capt. July 9, 1862, resigned. Dec. 24, 1862. He left the service "on account of disease contracted by exposure." He led his men valiantly at the battle of Corinth.

OP
OP
C

civilwarren

Oct 24, 2010
Yes. I was the finder/purchaser. Got the whole thing for $250. A small WWI cuff button was also in the trunk and a photo of Craig's brother.

Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions