curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.......caught these two White winged doves being silly on the bird post.:tongue3:

RSCN4522.JPG RSCN4524.JPG RSCN4528.JPG

RSCN4537.JPG RSCN4539.JPG RSCN4541.JPG

RSCN4543.JPG

...and here's more doves. :)

FSCN5935.JPG DSCN2568.JPG DSCN2571.JPG

DSCN2589.JPG DSCN2591.JPG ...think we have about 4 different kinds. :)

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking doves CK, the only doves I've noticed here are called Morning Doves (their 'cooing' call is distinctive)...but think some got their 'wires crossed'...cooing before dark! ;) ha.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: Nice photo's of the doves! I see you also have the non-native Ring-necked doves in your area.

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TJE....that dove with the "spots" in the picture is a mourning/morning (?) dove....and yes they can be a little "ditzy".;)

old digger....we do have the Eurasian collard doves, they're really spreading...feel sorry for the natives. :(

Thanks everyone! :)

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TJE....that dove with the "spots" in the picture is a mourning/morning (?) dove....and yes they can be a little "ditzy".;)

old digger....we do have the Eurasian collard doves, they're really spreading...feel sorry for the natives. :(

Thanks everyone! :)
Eurasian invasion going on here and many other places. Check your state law on shooting em. Here, I think you can pop-off as many as you can hit. I did check out some cooking recipes on line on how to make a good meal out of em. I may just head down to Walmart today and get me a 1200 fps air rifle and start knocking them off here soon. I could fill my freezer by just hunting from the porch in the back yard.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks everyone! :)[/QUOTE]

I have seen the Ringed doves feeding along side the Turtledoves. I think the Turtledoves can fly faster than the Ringed doves.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eurasian invasion going on here and many other places. Check your state law on shooting em. Here, I think you can pop-off as many as you can hit. I did check out some cooking recipes on line on how to make a good meal out of em. I may just head down to Walmart today and get me a 1200 fps air rifle and start knocking them off here soon. I could fill my freezer by just hunting from the porch in the back yard.

"Squab for dinner again"? ''Honey'' :laughing7: lol!

Last edited:
OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee...those of us who live where the "alien" doves are...won't starve.....& guess like everything, they tastes like chicken? :laughing7:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think more like chicken liver Yum! I'm sure they'd be better then flying carp

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions