Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I did not spell foolish wrong. I was foilish because I dug the foil signals (35-42 VDI). I went to a swimming area that I did in July all geared up in my wetsuit ready to go and when I got there the water was all gone. It is not unusual for this to happen but it caught me by surprise because the last time I was there the water was really high. I started swingin the ATPro and noticed 2 sets of footprints going back and forth across the sand. I could see places where they had dug. So it looks like the whole area was detected a few days before I got there. But nobody gets it all so I kept going. Mostly I dug foil as it seems they ignored it. I did manage to find a quarter, a penny, a junk earring, a broken earring, an earring back, the screw ball end of a bellybutton ring, and a couple of tabs.

DB0341E7-D3E0-4416-B29F-9072D9F5B1E9.jpeg

About mid way through the hunt I dug a foil signal and got my reward for cleaning up the trash, a 14k gold earring. I know some of you will think I am foolish for digging all those foil signals, but I would rather dig trash than miss the gold.

574A6802-FBAE-4B2C-BACA-D51E28522614.jpeg

Not a great hunt but I didn’t get skunked and I did score some gold and that is always a good thing.

I got out some over the past week and found some clad, 119 coins with a face value of $5.58 including an Anthony dollar, and a pewter dog pedant with the ring broken off on campus.

18B2EE48-1C0D-4251-BF12-C97ED03BFB93.jpeg 23758EDA-2822-42E6-A8AE-97322DE6DD8D.jpeg

Another water hunt finishing up a beach where there actually was water 😆netted 18 coins with a value of $1.62, tabs, sinkers, junk earrings, a silver ring, a stainless steel ring and a silver earring.

339F01FC-EEAE-47D7-8BD1-CF46C02EBBD8.jpeg ABD27AB3-1A19-45A9-AC06-7AC54BB90F43.jpeg

I am going to do the last swimming area of the Boy Scout camp tomorrow. With luck I will have something to show. Thanks for looking and may your coil lead you to good things

Upvote 28

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice.....if there's another way to dig gold that doesn't ring up like foil please let me know!

nkellam22

Feb 9, 2019
Western Europe
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Totally agree!
You have to dig those foil signals
It's lazy not to dig them

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, and hint hint hint we're having a nor'easter tomorrow.

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice.....if there's another way to dig gold that doesn't ring up like foil please let me know!

There is another way but after washing 2000 lbs of rocks digging a few pieces of foil seems not nearly so bad....

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

There is, but only for the big gold. If it is small it is foilish.

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is another way but after washing 2000 lbs of rocks digging a few pieces of foil seems not nearly so bad....

Yeah scooping foil is easier, but I think both ways can be tiring and frustrating at times. At least they both pay off if you are persistent. Keep swingin (or panning).

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, and hint hint hint we're having a nor'easter tomorrow.

Good luck out there cat. May the waves bring you treasure. It will be 3 weeks before I get to the shore. Maybe we can conjure up another storm by them. Keep swingin.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. I dont blame you for digging. My middle name is "trash", but I find a lot of stuff also.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sometimes do hunts just to dig foil signals and it pays off many times good job

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to you for getting rewarded for digging the foil signals!! I respect all you guys who can still do that. At near 57 years old, and still racing motocross...my tattered knees don't allow it. Nice work.:occasion14:

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunts tnt, I usually did it all but not always, depends on how I feel for the day, you got some nice recoveries out of the hunts, especially the gold & silver jewelry items, congrts & HH

BAILIYA

Sep 13, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Another water hunt finishing up a beach where there actually was water 😆netted 18 coins with a value of $1.62, tabs, sinkers, junk earrings, a silver ring, a stainless steel ring and a silver earring.

califteacher

Sep 30, 2012
Vista, San Diego County, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congrats on your finds. I'm glad that you had the gumption to hunt a recently hunted area; as you said, no one gets it all. This is a good example. Thank you for the foilish pun--I like it!

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. I dont blame you for digging. My middle name is "trash", but I find a lot of stuff also.

My fist name is “trash” (tnt-hunter is trash n treasure hunter). I wonder if we are related🤪. Keep swingin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions