All Treasure Hunting
There are times when all we really want is just to
get away from the world for a while.

Finally! A day with a bit of sun!
2016 (320).jpg
2016 (321).jpg

Along the way, the Lord provided some much
needed giggles too!

You see that edge of that "plate" in this pic?
That is what I saw in a very deep hole after
going thru a scenario that went something like this:
First I had to back up a few steps to pick my headphones back up.
Then, after saying, "Can......" and digging about a foot, I said,
"DEEP %^@#$&#*@ can......" ;)
I continued and saw that edge. It was flat, square, and not iron!
I said, "Plate?!?!?!"
I finally got it out and had to laugh. Well, I wasn't TOO far wrong. LOL

2016 (322).jpg

It IS made in the USA......so......USA Plate??? ;)

2016 (323).jpg

HE even gave me one of the rarest of animals
at the mansion. A coin!! LOL

Yeah, rather sparse finds, but even the big iron washer made
me smile today. It was a perfect walk. One I needed.

Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 13

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can relate! And yes it was a nice day. Glad you got out.

HH, Relic Nut

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice :thumbsup: I'm still kicking myself for staying home today.
Probably would have been a good one to get out.
Maybe tomorrow, But probably by myself if I do.
probably way out of shape again :(
being mothers day, I'm guessing my Nephews day is Planed out 3 Directions :laughing7:

Anyway congrats on the zinclon :thumbsup:

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Blingy needed the walk I'm sure. Fresh air, exercise, and the mansion. Excellent

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You just needed some exercise without having to dig many of those pesky coins. No keepers for me today for me, unless I count the Sacagawea. My gut must have taken the day off. We always have tomorrow.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just needed some exercise without having to dig many of those pesky coins. No keepers for me today for me, unless I count the Sacagawea. My gut must have taken the day off. We always have tomorrow.

Finding a dollar coin isn't a "keeper" these days? My oh my are we getting spoiled!

Ya know, about that having tomorrow? It took me a long time to realize that I don't *have* to find it all today! I used to hunt and hunt until I found something "worthy". I'd get so tired back then I could barely hold the clutch in my Pinto fry-baby.

Now, I just say, that's enough, for today. Knowing I'll be back again. :)

Thanks!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a fine days hunt to me.

Liking the old push button light switchplate cover.
Some cold hard cash ..an old jar seal ..heck yeah.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi, I actually reflect on your wisdom of "at least it is a nice walk" when I am having a slow detecting day too. No need to be upset, just enjoy another day that the Lord has given us. Surprise always awaits us with the next swing of the coil! That plate would have made me a little hyper toO! Sub 8-)

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt WhadI,,
I got out yesterday after a week of rain kept me indoors. Boy,, I really needed that!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Most days it really is just about the walk but still, nice solid plate!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice walk whadifind. Having withdraws here myself . Last time I was out I got pippi -la- pued , completely skunked. Then came all the rainy days. I need to get back in the swing of things.--HH

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup. There's always the walk no matter what turns up underground......

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder if there will ever come a day that you hear absolutely nothing at the mansion...you always manage something!:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if there will ever come a day that you hear absolutely nothing at the mansion...you always manage something!:icon_thumright:

You mean, actually and completely, hunt a place out!? LOL

It's not as easy but I can still point out small patches where I have never put a coil. They are very difficult spots, most of them. But, the funniest thing is exactly what you said. I ALWAYS seem to find SOMEthing there. Might not be "worthy" of posting but always something. (Also, I do STILL ignore some lesser signals. Leaves something for me to do yet. ;) )

This place has been hit and hit hard! And I don't mean just by me. Thru the years I suspect there were some less than scrupulous pirates surreptitiously hunting this place. Anyway, I feel that I'm hitting at the fringes of my limitations there. The ATP is the best machine......for what I do. But...I do know it has some limitations. At least, I would hope the much more expensive machines would have something more than just a name going for them. ;) LOL If I ever did go for something, let's say, deeper than the ATP, this place would be the first place I'd go.

Still, this mansion does more for me than any other place I've ever hunted, in my whole career! :)

Thanks!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was thinking about this post earlier. I walked well over 5 miles today to an abandoned farm and back. The only thing I have to show for it are a few old bottles, some silver plate cutlery, one stainless spoon and a huge pile of trash. Not one single coin showed up. The only round coin sized objects I dug were some bottle caps.

I did find TWO bottle dumps though that I intend to revisit with a shovel at some point. I also found a pretty old looking Old Spice bottle. I have an even earlier one I found about 20 years ago too.
I believe whoever lived there was probably dirt poor and probably took very good care of whatever money they had.

But the walk was just fantastic. It was a beautiful day (finally). I came across three box turtles, one black snake, two fox, a red tail hawk that got really upset when I got into it's territory, a gazillion squirrels, at least 30 deer and zero humans. It's an absolutely beautiful place and nobody ever goes there. The only trails are deer trails for about half the hike. I just wish some coins would show up.

So on the way back I was thinking about your thread and reminding myself that sometimes it's all about the walk. I'm also really thankful that I'm able to easily hike that far. Lots of folks can't. I have to admit I'm pretty tired now but I should sleep like a rock tonight.

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peace of mind is a very good thing to have!
I like your light switch plate, looks like you were going for the "fix it" finding there.
Blingie has a disco disk! A shiny one!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking about this post earlier. I walked well over 5 miles today to an abandoned farm and back. The only thing I have to show for it are a few old bottles, some silver plate cutlery, one stainless spoon and a huge pile of trash. Not one single coin showed up. The only round coin sized objects I dug were some bottle caps.

I did find TWO bottle dumps though that I intend to revisit with a shovel at some point. I found an pretty old looking Old Spice bottle. I have an even earlier one I found about 20 years ago too.
I believe whoever lived there was probably dirt poor and probably took very good care of little money they had.

But the walk was just fantastic. It was a beautiful day (finally). I came across three box turtles, one black snake, two fox, a red tail hawk that got really upset when I got into it's territory, a gazillion squirrels, at least 30 deer and zero humans. It's an absolutely beautiful place and nobody ever goes there. The only trails are deer trails for about half the hike. I just wish some coins would show up.

So on the way back I was thinking about your thread and reminding myself that sometimes it's all about the walk. I'm also really thankful that I'm able to easily hike that far. Lots of folks can't. I have to admit I'm pretty tired now but I should sleep like a rock tonight.

It gets so easy to forget that when we're younger and so much easier to remember when we reach a certain age. Makes one think, don't it. ;) Kinda funny you should mention sleep. That's exactly what I say after a day like that, "At least I should sleep good." . LOL

By the by, why is it that the only thing Garrett about you is your name? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peace of mind is a very good thing to have!
I like your light switch plate, looks like you were going for the "fix it" finding there.
Blingie has a disco disk! A shiny one!

You're right, on the peace of mind, my trouble is that lately I seem to only have piece of mind. :dontknow:

Something neat about that plate, I had forgotten completely about the old style, push button light switches until I found this. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread