Sometimes its NOT a can (Big Silver)

MrBling

Aug 12, 2008
North Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster PI/Garrett Ace 250
Sometimes it's NOT a can (Big Silver)

Over the weekend, went out to hunt on the family farm. There's an old tenant farmer house(now in ruins) at the back of the property that I have hunted around half a dozen times but never found a single coin. I decided to hunt in the open field next to the house, I've hunted this area several times also, but never found anything but junk. The field is disused; it gets mowed 2-3 times a year but has not been plowed in at least 20 years. This is the same field where I found the silver pocket watch cover recently, but about 200 yards away
I was only at the site about 10 minutes when I got a nice solid signal. Sure sounded like a coin. However, when I looked at the visual display, it read "50 cents". I knew that meant the target was a can or other large piece of aluminum.
Sure enough, when I plunged my digger into the soft ground, after traveling a few inches, the tip barely hit something metallic.I flipped up the plug and saw a silvery round object in the bottom of the hole, 4 inches down. I thought it was a can top or a piece of foil until I looked closer and saw the big eagle staring up at me:
Walking Liberty reverse-resized.JPG
I picked it up, turned it over, and saw Miss Liberty:
Walking Liberty  obverse resized.JPG
Needless to say, I'll be hitting that site again soon.

Upvote 0

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
Re: Sometimes it's NOT a can (Big Silver)

Very nice, way better then a can :thumbsup:

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.

Nice find, Bling. Seems like there are alot of Walkers coming out of the ground lately. Congratulations on yours.

Bob

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QDII / Cen Tec Pinpointer

Oh what a feeling that must have been.

Very nice! :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread