Sometimes The Best Finds Arent Found With Your Searchcoil

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
THREE.jpg

Another nice warm breezy day in Edmonton. We should be shivering in our winter coats and staying inside, but instead, we can do whatever we want outside with no consequences. I was off today, so I thought I would take another opportunity to get in yet another hunt in the woods. I was hoping to get another silver coin. Well, no silver coins, but lots of coins and some interesting finds.

ONE.jpg

Looks like bottles were the hit today. First, an older COKE bottle showed up as I could see the bottom sticking out, then a bottle of beer, one of the older types, the "STUBY" which had never been opened. How it ever survived many winters of minus forty is really beyond me.

TWO.jpg

I came across an old leather wallet, and after removing some leaves from the immediate area, some personal ID showed up. Also found (not shown) was a Master Card, which expired in 1991. Of course, as you probably guessed, there was no loot. The wallet must have been stolen years ago.

My best find of the day was yet another bottle. The bottom was poking out from the dirt, so I carefully dug it up. After taking in home, cleaning it doing some research, it appears to have been produced around 1907. The beer named "VARSITY BRAND STRATHCONA" was named in conjunction with the land on which our university was built on.

Attachments

• true size.jpg
    true size.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 222

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
your stubby probably still has alcohol in it, which doesn't freeze very well

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Sniffer said:
your stubby probably still has alcohol in it, which doesn't freeze very well

Maybe I should have taken it home and had a taste :tongue3:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I once snagged a part of a six pack from the bottom of a lake with a jig. It was in alum cans and I caught the plastic ring and brought up four cans of Coors. Since it was hot I washed off the top and popped the tab. It was cold and tasty. My son thought I was crazy to even taste it.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
as long as it's sealed and cold, it's probably great on a hot day LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread