Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My friend Gare, my wife and myself went to a lot of trouble to return a WWII GI dog tag to a family member, the family proved to be rather difficult. Gare did manage to find a son, a second born son that did answer his phone call inquiry. There seemed to be some worry (which I can fully understand) that this might be a scam ploy and so Gare was cut short. With the son's address established for sure, I sent the dog tag to him with all info concerning myself and Gare. Included were phone number, E mail etc. with the only request being a picture of the man with the returned tag. That was a couple of weeks ago and neither Gare nor myself have received any sort of a response from the man. So, for what ever reason, it is what it is. One can speculate a million reasons of why not but I am not worried about it, my wife and I along with Gare have done all that we could do. Not all returns are going to be well received and yet who is to say that it wasn't? We may never know but in our hearts we all know that we did our best. I also want to thank Don for his help and others who helped here and there. All in all, we have a great bunch of men and women in this net and that is pretty cool. Jerry/ Dirtlooter

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You did the right thing :occasion14:...today people are not considerate of others or their feelings...sad!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
could be but then who knows what might have transpired at his end? He may not be able to respond or could be something else, even negative towards his father. like I said earlier, we will probably never know. I just hope it gets passed down in the family.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done to you, your wife and Gare!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions