Sometimes the view is worth it

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Off work today and wanted to find somewhere new to hunt. I found a small park in Pittsburgh, that you can barely notice, even driving by it.
I told a friend about it today and he said 'I drive by that place three times a week for work and never knew there was a park over that hill!'
I found a few $$ in clad and 2 wheaties, but the view was amazing while I was swinging on a nice sunny afternoon in Pittsburgh.
I didn't find anything amazing, but the view was worth it and the public water fountain was ice cold, which was nice on a 92 degree day....

Attachments

• grandview park.jpg
    grandview park.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 95

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice pic. If that was taken with a cell phone, I need to upgrade to that model. My cell photos look like they are through a bottle bottom.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet app

OP
OP
Viddy

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah. I took it with my Samsung Fascinate phone. Got the phone about 2 years ago too. I keep the phone handy and have a sweet GPS pinpointing program that is good for tracking locations, posting finds, and recording hunt areas...

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Viddy said:
yeah. I took it with my Samsung Fascinate phone. Got the phone about 2 years ago too. I keep the phone handy and have a sweet GPS pinpointing program that is good for tracking locations, posting finds, and recording hunt areas...

My avatar looks crappy and fuzzy. Need to get a phone like yours to pump up the detail.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet app

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Aahhhh...Grandview Park. Bought my very first metal detector from a guy just about a mile from there back in the early 80's.

Al

MADJOKER

Jun 25, 2011
Missouri City, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
I am thinking of getting rid of my iPhone for that new Samsung Galaxy S III. That phone is pretty awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pic!

It reminds me of the ones I took from Mt Washington when I was back home for my cousin's wedding a few years back

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions