Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Been fighting a bad sinus infection, probably from failing to clean my cpap machine as often as it needs. just so easy to forget about it. Anyways, the driveway is hard packed gravel, about 6 inches in places. It is over forty years old (the driveway) and I know that the odds of silver are pretty slim.

I had previously found this very high signal with both the Nox and the Deus. I gave up on the digging because the gravel was just packed rock hard. I knew exactly where this spot was because it was still more loose than the ground around it. So, with all of the recent rain, decided that I had to go and dig it. I pretty much knew that it wasn't iron but knew that it still could be an iron washer.

So I got down and dug and dug, it was more like jarring the gravel loose . My pin pointer was telling me that it was either big or a soda can. When I saw the bright red metal, knew it was a coke can, oh well. Filled the hole and found one memorial and a small brass washer. I know that my mother had lost some silver jewelry somewhere around the place so there is that...somewhere. Drove over to the permission and stared at the wet mess, sigh. Still thinking about using a straw and a Shop Vac to suck out my sinuses, hate em.

Upvote 17

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirtlooter, I know this will sound crazy but my acupuncturist can stick a few needles in and completely open my sinuses. She also is great with allergies. Hope you get well soon.

HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 9" HF Coil, Garret Pro-Pointer, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Vicks 12hr nasal spray and no more worries!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Corn field's sound way more to my liking than Rocks! Easy on the nose to my friend.

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know how you feel! I've had 2 nasal surgeries to fix my sinuses, fixed it so I don't get sinus infections all the time. But..... I still get an infection once in a while. Good luck and get rid of the infection!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Corn field's sound way more to my liking than Rocks! Easy on the nose to my friend.

great to hear from you again my friend, sure hope you are doing better. really glad, really glad to see you on the net

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know how you feel! I've had 2 nasal surgeries to fix my sinuses, fixed it so I don't get sinus infections all the time. But..... I still get an infection once in a while. Good luck and get rid of the infection!

had mine operated on thirty years ago, worked for one year LOL

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the PM 63bkprk. I actually used to do this years ago but too many strokes and forgot. (using warm saline solution to wash out sinuses)

Haldean

Feb 11, 2019
Burlington NC
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The best thing I ever did for my sinuses was to start using a humidifier next to the bed. The new ones are great. They won't get everything wet and I find I've had much less trouble with my sinuses bleeding. Works for me. Also use a "Neti Pot". Good luck.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The best thing I ever did for my sinuses was to start using a humidifier next to the bed. The new ones are great. They won't get everything wet and I find I've had much less trouble with my sinuses bleeding. Works for me. Also use a "Neti Pot". Good luck.

my cpap machine has a humidifier built into it. if for some reason the water isn't all used up, can breed bacteria and thus sinus problems

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry to hear about the sinus condition! Get well soon...:icon_thumleft:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dirt, you had me cracking up, I know exactly what you were thinking and what was rolling thru your noggin regarding that deep gravel signal...as my friend Randy and I had a permission with a gravel driveway that always had a super high signal in that packed gravel. So, our next time there, Mr. Homeowner informs us that not only was the house up for sale, it had been sold. So I looked at Randy and we both looked at the homeowner, and we asked him if we could dig our mystery signal in the driveway. "SURE! Hell, dig clear to China for all I care. I don't own it anymore!" Long story short, it took BOTH of us 20 minutes to reach our target, slightly bending my "unbendable" shovel. We pulled a chunk of lead out the size of my fist...ugh. Mystery solved...But thx for the chuckle Dirt, I needed it...Ddf.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Dirt, you had me cracking up, I know exactly what you were thinking and what was rolling thru your noggin regarding that deep gravel signal...as my friend Randy and I had a permission with a gravel driveway that always had a super high signal in that packed gravel. So, our next time there, Mr. Homeowner informs us that not only was the house up for sale, it had been sold. So I looked at Randy and we both looked at the homeowner, and we asked him if we could dig our mystery signal in the driveway. "SURE! Hell, dig clear to China for all I care. I don't own it anymore!" Long story short, it took BOTH of us 20 minutes to reach our target, slightly bending my "unbendable" shovel. We pulled a chunk of lead out the size of my fist...ugh. Mystery solved...But thx for the chuckle Dirt, I needed it...Ddf.

yeah, curiosity is a killer for sure. I thought that it would be easier digging but it wasn't. My wife laughed (but she wanted to know too.)

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lol Buy your title I thought you were talking about a number 2... I was going to write Iโ€™ve been there.

let's just say that I have used my digger for other purposes too. buried and out of sight. LOL. Also carry a small pee jug, has saved the day countless times. You do what you gotta do. discretely.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is an addiction gotta get the fix recovery is by recovering silver gold ect

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
let's just say that I have used my digger for other purposes too. buried and out of sight. LOL. Also carry a small pee jug, has saved the day countless times. You do what you gotta do. discretely.

I got a half gallon in my truck now. My wife called me a neanderthal the other day lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions