"Sophication Bill"

Jones Indiana

Dec 24, 2010
Really interesting how this has played out...........

Gorham treasure hunter may lose salvage rights to Cape Cod shipwreck - The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram

Edward Michaud came on this board and his research wasn't adding up back then. No back to back research like the Soviet Archives.

Red flags for me where going off on this way before Brooks went with the Nicholas. He was obsessed with platinum in the ocean and sure enough his greed was played.

Not all of us are here showing off. Some of us have a pulse on the industry and it's players. Don't need to post recoveries on a forum........

$8 million pissed away on thieves and their scams, instead of someone that has the right stuff.

What this industry needs is a "Sophistication Bill" They do it on Wall Street. If your not worth $1 million plus your barred from certain investments. You lack the sophistication to be in these investments your barred.

In this case any and all investing into shipwrecks. You have a few thousand? Great go spend it on your family instead of trying to make money in this industry.

Felt Michaud was playing me for investing. Knew better. What about the other people who didn't?

Going to talk to some Senators......Or just accept the same old same old, that's the industry.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jones Indiana

Jones Indiana

Dec 24, 2010
We need laws to protect us from greed and general stupidity. Laws to pay a person a minimum wage............Amazing......

It was thought unethical to sell a person anything lacking in sophistication of what their buying. Buying an oil painting and the buyer doesn't know what a listed artist is? You shouldn't sell them the art.

Yet some greedy ******* can't help himself..........Amazing..........

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Just another instance to show one needs to do one's own research and get independent verification of significant facts. Gorham and Michaud were on the 'same team' and offered no independent verification; insufficient in my book to rely upon. Hopefully, potential investors into TH projects will take heed--without the need for laws to protect them from themselves.
Don....

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
... its easy to fool greedy folks because their greedy ... and want to make a lot of quick and easy money ... a fool and his money are soon parted..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread