OP
OP
Froggie

Froggie

Feb 19, 2007
Stafford Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
When I started this hobby a month ago, the thought of geting in shape to hunt never crossed my mind.
I'll make sure I at least do some streching exercises before I begin now.
It's been 4 days and my legs are just now getting back to normal.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
One thing I noticed , and I might get negative comments on this, but I have been taking MSM for joint pain the last couple of years, and I have to say ....I love it . No pain. Now when its really cold and I am kneeling on cold ground my knees ache some,so I take two MSM's as soon as I get in.

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
gypsyheart said:
One thing I noticed , and I might get negative comments on this, but I have been taking MSM for joint pain the last couple of years, and I have to say ....I love it . No pain. Now when its really cold and I am kneeling on cold ground my knees ache some,so I take two MSM's as soon as I get in.

Dang, I thought you said M&Ms. I was really excited for a second. What is MSM?

Kilika

Apr 6, 2007
NW Washington (State)
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, GMT
Like gypsyheart said - Good hot soak with Epsom salts should work wonders.

I've had good results with Arnica. Good for sore muscles, strains, sprains, bumps & bruises. ** Important** NOT for use on broken skin.

I also use Bromelain (Pineapple plant extract). Flushes out the inflammation from the micro tears in the muscles from overuse. Drink a coupla' extra glasses of water and don't use Bromelain if you have Kidney disease.

Also- when you first get home and start to get stiff, alternate hot and cold packs. 10 minutes hot immediately followed by 10 minutes cold. Do this a couple times each. (I use a wet towel heated in the microwave, followed by a bag of frozen peas!) The heat expands and the cold constricts and this will help flush out the inflammation. (Good for cramps, too.) Best when the overuse is 'fresh'. Days later... gentle stretching is best.

If all else fails, I vote for the bottle of wine, best with an old movie and maybe some smoked oysters...mmm.. gotta go... think I feel a cramp coming on. :D

Quick Recovery & HH
Kilika

W6PEA

Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, Mexifornia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Gt, Minelab SD2200v2, Minelab ExlporerSE Pro 2
Froggie said:
This probably does not affect those of you who hunt often but I can hardly walk!
Two days after a 2 hour hunt I am in some major pain, all the squatting is something I am not used to I guess.
Going DOWN stairs is especially painfull right now, up is not so bad.
Anyone else experiance this when they first started out?

Should I add squatting to my exercise routine (which pretty much consists of only 12oz curls) ::)

Sounds about right....Get one of these they will help I have one of the swingy thingys it helps a lot.

Attachments

• frntskyhook.jpg
    frntskyhook.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 90
  • frntskyhook.jpg
    frntskyhook.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 77
  • bungee1.jpg
    bungee1.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 115

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread