Sorting facilities

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked to a really nice manager at my BoA who knows all about what we are doing, and she told me a little about the way the coins are distributed.

Every BoA in a certain radius goes to a sorting facility in Baltimore. What she said was that Dunbar carries there coins, however, if Loomis delivers coins to a BoA on the other side of town, they are all coming from the same BoA sorting facility.

Do other banks practice this as well?

I was under the impression that Loomis, Dunbar, Brinks, etc, all have their own facilities.

My apologies if this is old news..

Upvote 0

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
koala33 said:
I talked to a really nice manager at my BoA who knows all about what we are doing, and she told me a little about the way the coins are distributed.

Every BoA in a certain radius goes to a sorting facility in Baltimore. What she said was that Dunbar carries there coins, however, if Loomis delivers coins to a BoA on the other side of town, they are all coming from the same BoA sorting facility.

Do other banks practice this as well?

I was under the impression that Loomis, Dunbar, Brinks, etc, all have their own facilities.

My apologies if this is old news..

It depends on the bank. Loomis, Dunbar, Brinks, Garda might just be the armored car service that transports the banks own coin to/from the bank branches and its central facility. The bank might own and manage the coin counting, rolling, etc. Or, the bank might contract with Brinks to provide the rolled coin and take loose coin. Then, Brinks is both the armored car service and the coin facility. Large regional banks often have their own facilities. Small community banks and credit unions don't.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread