Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put all my found "treasures" into coffe cans except I seperate out my gold and silver and put them in pill bottles. That tells you something about my finds! Anyway, a couple of days ago I decided to sort them out in some reasonable order. Twouble..... ( Elmer Fudd made me say that)..... I mean trouble was I couldn't decide what went with what. So, I dept my gold and silver seperate. That was easy, but do I put my tokens with my costume jewelry earrings or with my worthless rings? Where does toe rings go? And what about my mood rings, do they go with my 3 merry widows tins? (Yep, I collect them too!). No, perhaps they go with my bird bands? What about this winged Liberty statue? It fits in the coffe can well with the big folding pocket knives. And the marbles? In with the "what the heck is its" or maybe with the bullets? No, the bullets should go with the shell casings or not? Dang this hobby is confusing! Kay says 90% of it should go in the trash can. She may have a point. She asked me what I was going to do with all that "junk" the other day. I told her I was going to put it into display cases some day. Then she says with a threatening look......"And",....."Just where are you planning on displaying it"? "Why in my computer room dear", I sez. " Not as long as I am alive she sez!" I had a devil of a time talking myself out of this situation. I even tried the monkey trick, and it only got worse! So, I just shoved everything back into the coffee cans haphazardly, stashed it back into the top of my clothes closet and pouted the rest of the day. Boy, I showed her! I just wish she would wipe that evil smile off her face! Dang, she scares me! :o Monty

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what i do is put all my good jewelry(silver and gold) in one jewelry box and all my costume jewelry in another box
you can see the kind of box if you look at my "whites story sending" post.

aarremaanalla

Feb 12, 2006
All the coins, and I mean all of them I put in to collection book or whatever its called in English :(
Buttons and all the little relics I put into wooden wine boxes. In future I hopefully put them on little display case. But I must make some good finds more before thats possible. I think different size musketballs and relics like that are cool looking if you put them like painting in the wall, is special case.. Of course it must have some theme, like musketballs and old bullets. Well I will post it someday when I have found that much stuff.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I came across a large cedar humidor at a garage sale one day, with a large opening top hatch and 4 small pull-drawers on the front. I dump all my Wheats into the large top compartment, and use one drawer apiece for silver coins, the buffaloes and Indians and what-not coin-wise in the next drawer, one drawer goes all the silver and gold jewelry, one drawer goes all the junk jewelry, and I put all the other "valuable" junk into an old boot box! All the clad goes to the bank twice a year.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I know! And I managed to pick it up for a great price, just $10. I loked on eBay and a twin for mine was selling at about $50, but I didn't have the heart to part with it.

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Is it just me? or does everyone here love Monty?his descriptions are so vibrant I can almost taste his fear when he talks about 'her',feel the dirt in my fingers when hes digging up a keeper. Does she have a sister Mont? If so Im married to her, and she still hasnt found out that I spent $838 plus s/h on this my 4th metal detector,so now everytime the cell phone rings Im sure its her and shes been scouting my checking account in that damned online banking. In my mind I have this mental path cleared where if everything follows it I will be ok...the mailman shows up just after shes left and hes holding my new ex 2 with nay a scratch on it,I unpack it and stick it over by the other detectors and she doesnt notice the new one that looks kinda like all the others, then I make a big fat deposit into my account and she doesnt really notice the big chunk that left for no apparent reason, does any of this sound plausible to anyone? Maybe she allready knows and isnt saying anything til it shows up and she hides it from me and makes me squirm and mope around the house waiting for it to come til I breakdown and ask her if any 'package' may have come lately. I feel your fear Mont

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Monty, it's not the coffee cans that are the problem. That's easy. Silver coins are in one because I never seem to have the time to sort and put them in folders. Clad to be washed in another, clad already washed in a 3rd. Then there's the can with clad dug vs. clad eyeballed. Tokens in a little cedar box waiting to be put in 2X2's. Wheaties in a mason jar, marbles in another mason jar, hotwheels in a shoe box, dirty whatsits in another shoebox to be cleaned, clean whatsits in another shoebox to be sorted, her jewelry in one jewelry box, mine in another--non matter how many I find, her's always seems fuller. Lest we forget bottles--dirty ones that need washing wrapped and waiting, clean ones wrapped and waiting to be displayed.
Did I forget to mention the shoes being drug around by the cats because there's no shoeboxes for them to be stored in? Last but by no means least are the dirty coins and whatsits laying on the floor of the jeep that get dumped out of the pouch from the last excursion that were forgotten about when I get on in the field and found the pouch still full.
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Metal Detecting.

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
:D Shootist: You will know for sure that she was wise to you when you come home & She mentions her Garage Sale & the fact that She got

$25 for that old pile of MD. It's hard to fool 'em. They were bred for things like that!

Just make sure her Maiden Name wasn't Bobbit!

Joe

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Too funny Monty,,,
I just tried to do the same thing a few days ago. Other than all my silver coins being in one box, and my pennies ,nickels, and tokens in another, I got nowhere. I have all my silver rings ( 7 of them ), junk jewelery, all the little toys and marbles, in small boxes as well and the only gold ring I have found is on Mama's finger. I have a few plastic Folgers containers with all the iron in one, and all the brass and copper in another... Maybe, one of these days, like a few of the others, I'll put some of the things into display cases...
Good luck on holding on to what you have ;D, & Happy hunting~

S

stefen

Got an antique 5 gallon water bottle and counter stand that's about 1/3 rd full and intend to have one hell of a vacation when its full...However, by that time I'll probably be wheel chair bound and the vacation will be down a Rest Home hall and back.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What scares me is she is a lot healthier than I am! Monty

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm holding out hope to find one of these for cheap, then it's problem solved until I fill it up and have to find another. At least this looks like a nice piece of furniture and who's going to complain about that? I have an antique drugstore cabinet that's steel and glass, but I need to get it all cleaned up and repainted before it can hold relics..... I'll try to get a pic of later when I dig it out of the storage room.

Attachments

• $T2eC16d,!ysE9sy0jKf0BQNmU6(glg~~60_35.JPG
    $T2eC16d,!ysE9sy0jKf0BQNmU6(glg~~60_35.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
NOLA_Ken said:
I'm holding out hope to find one of these for cheap, then it's problem solved until I fill it up and have to find another. At least this looks like a nice piece of furniture and who's going to complain about that? I have an antique drugstore cabinet that's steel and glass, but I need to get it all cleaned up and repainted before it can hold relics..... I'll try to get a pic of later when I dig it out of the storage room.

That's a cool idea. I have a bunch of cigar boxes filled with stuff I don't know what to do with.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread