South Carolina/Strongbow Expands Midway Gold Project and Acquires Properties

skunkxx

Greenie
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello just found you guys hope everyone has a great 2012!
I am between the ridgeway SC gold mine and the Lancaster County Glod mine.I have about 10 acres on a creek that runs into the Catawba river. I think there may be some gold in my area.Right beside my property is an old pit gravel spot,alot of yrs of dirt has been removed.Looks like it will be a good area to start looking.I would love to have someone do some panning and looking. If you are in this area lets talk and maybe do some gold finding.

Property acquisition near Ridgeway, SC

The Company is also pleased to announce it has concluded two agreements covering four properties (approximately 425 acres) near Ridgeway, South Carolina. The properties are located between two and five kilometres along strike from Rio Tinto's past producing Ridgeway gold mine. The Ridgeway mine produced approximately 1.5 million ounces of gold during mining in the 1980's and 1990's. Two of the properties have seen past exploration work, with historic drill results that include gold assays ranging from background values up to 0.67 ounces per ton over five feet from a mineralized zone estimated to be at least 250 metres long. The remaining two properties have not been previously explored, however geochemical sampling by Strongbow has returned gold values ranging from background up to 312 ppb gold. Initial exploration of the properties, including detailed geochemical sampling and mapping, is scheduled to begin during the last week of June. :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

Get rich
Peace Out
Skunkxx

Upvote 0

goldgit'r

Apr 18, 2011
Florence S.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skunk,my name is Wes Jackson.I live near Florence SC.If you are still interested in checking out you're property I would be glad to give you a hand.If interested give me a call. 843 206 4862

Stand Watie

Mar 24, 2012
Greenwood SC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in Greenwood. I just joined the site today. If y'all fellows do any panning keep me updated. I just started this hobby and was fixing to go out in a few minutes to a new creek I've located in Abbeville County. There were several gold mines around Abbeville back in the day.

OP
OP
S

skunkxx

Greenie
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Skunk,my name is Wes Jackson.I live near Florence SC.If you are still interested in checking out you're property I would be glad to give you a hand.If interested give me a call. 843 206 4862
Hey thanks.I was wondering if someone was going to respond.Thanks alot.

I will give you a call,I am going to text you in a few just to give you my number.

How long have you been looking?

I think the creek running into the river will be a good spot to start.

Thanks
Bill Monteith
Skunkxx

OP
OP
S

skunkxx

Greenie
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I sure will bud,be nice to get a good group together to plan some trips to pan and other means of getting to the gold.
Thanks
Bill
Skunkxx

Michaeldoc

Tenderfoot
Jul 24, 2008
Elgin, SC
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, DFX 300; Looking to add Fisher Gold Bug II and eventually Minelab GPX 4500 or 5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I relatively new to SC, but not new to metal detecting. Presently interested in nugget shooting, however panning is the place to start whether on land(drywashing)or in the water. I wonder if there is any good specimen gold/quartz in the area? Since I live in Pontiac the distance to hook up would not be that difficult. Definitely would like to explore this opportunity.

Mike

sluicin

Apr 16, 2012
NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey! I'm new to these boards and live in SE Charlotte, Right on the boarder of NC/SC so I'm not too far away. I'm new at prospecting but pretty good with a pan - would love to meet up and see what out there.

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
I would be Interested in Panning for some Gold. I have an extra Pan and a few hours panning, I haven't had much luck in Charlotte.N.C. Thanks-Goldnugget-Charlotte,N.C.

OP
OP
S

skunkxx

Greenie
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bill,if you read this give me a call.
I tried to send pm's but not doing something right I guess. Wes
First tanks everyone.I have been down in my back so bad I havent even been on the PC.
Thanks for all the interest.I would like to be able to get us all together and make a weekend of it.I have about ten acres.with power and septic. It is right on the creek,so would be colse to all the spots to mine.
GG I will call as soon as possible.

OP
OP
S

skunkxx

Greenie
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Strongbow Exploration Inc. (SBW: TSXV) is pleased to announce it has completed initial sonic drilling programs at the Midway and Ridgeway gold projects, South Carolina. This work included an initial test of the Lloyd zone at Ridgeway where hole SDH-RS12-02 returned 28.96 m grading 0.97 g/t Au, 8.4 g/t Ag, and 1,840 ppm Mo, including 4.57 mgrading 3.3 g/t Au, 42.0 g/t Ag and 6,960 ppm Mo.

Ridgeway

A total of six holes tested three targets at the Ridgeway project. Two holes drilled 15 metres apart at the Lloyd zone encountered well developed hydrothermal alteration and gold mineralization from top to bottom, with SDH-RS12-01 returning 28.04 m grading 0.44 g/t Au, 1.7 g/t Ag and 145 ppm Mo and SDH-RS12-02 returning 28.96 m grading 0.97 g/t Au, 8.4 g/t Ag, and 1,840 ppm Mo, including4.57 m grading 3.3 g/t Au, 42.0 g/t Ag and6,960 ppm Mo. This mineralized exhalative vent system is located three kilometres southeast of the North Pit at the Ridgeway mine. Based on current and historic exploration data, the Lloyd zone is estimated to dip moderately (45-50 degrees) to the north and has a minimum 300 metre east-west strike extent. Historic drilling tested the zone to only shallow depths, typically less that 100 m, and further drilling is required to fully test the depth extent of this prospect. Three of the remaining four Ridgeway sonic holes, testing two separate target areas, encountered hydrothermal alteration with associated, locally anomalous, gold and molybdenum values within mafic to felsic volcanic rocks. One of these targets represents a new discovery and is located 5 km east of the Ridgeway North Pit. SDH-RS12-06 returned values from background up to 157 ppb Au, and is situated within a 700 m by 400 m gold, molybdenum and arsenic soil geochemical anomaly, in an area where strongly sericite altered felsic volcanic rocks and siliceous exhalites have been mapped at surface. Both target areas require additional sonic drilling, as well as ground geophysical surveys to further define diamond drill targets.

Midway

At the Midway project, a total of seventeen sonic drill holes were completed within nine target areas. Local development of hydrothermal alteration was identified in four areas including weakly elevated gold valuesranging from background up to 119 ppb. Six of the sonic drill holes were collared in close proximity to Romarco's Haile gold mine property and variably intersected volcanic or fine grained sedimentary rocks. Elevated gold with anomalous molybdenum, spatially associated with the contact between the volcanic and sedimentary rocks, highlights the exploration potential of this area which is 2,000 metres along strike to the northeast from the Haile gold mine deposits. Results indicate that further sonic drilling is required to help map the location of this important volcanic-sediment contact in the Midway area and better position future diamond drill holes.

All sonic holes were drilled vertically and ranged in depth from 6.71 m to 32.61 m. Sonic drilling allows for complete recovery of sand and saprolite overburden, as well as underlying bedrock, and drilling was typically terminated once sufficiently competent rock had been encountered to allow for identification of bedrock type and any accompanying alteration or mineralization. Sonic drilling is intended to better define the complex geology beneath overburden within each target area and is not considered a definitive test of each exploration target.

About the Midway and Ridgeway Projects

The Midway project is located within the prospective, 16 kilometre (10 mile) Haile-Brewer gold trend in South Carolina. All of the Midway properties are located adjacent to either the past producing Brewer gold mine or properties owned by Romarco Minerals Inc. (R-TSX) including the Haile gold mine and Buzzard properties. Current measured and indicated resources reported by Romarco for the Haile gold mine consist of 4.0 million ounces gold with additional inferred resources of 0.8 million ounces gold. Gold mineralization at the Haile and Brewer mines, as well as at the nearby Buzzard prospect, is hosted within volcanic and sedimentary rocks of the Carolina slate belt (CSB).

The Ridgeway project covers a prospective area of the CSB located along strike to the east of Rio Tinto's past producing Ridgeway gold mine. The Ridgeway mine is also located within the CSB and produced approximately 1.5 million ounces of gold between 1988 and 1998.

Strongbow's exploration programs are conducted under the supervision of David Gale, P.Geo. (BC), Vice-President of Exploration for Strongbow and a qualified

DonnyB

Greenie
Jan 6, 2013
Raeford NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I may have missed the boat on this, I am an army engineer focusing on land survey and construction material testing. I am also into prospecting and am looking for new areas to search around on. If I can assist in any way I would be glad to do so.

OP
OP
S

skunkxx

Greenie
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Na It is been a slow rocky road for me due to my back and hip.

I am looking at the quartz eveytime I go down there.Thinking I really need to get a few of you together and take a look at what I have or dont have.

crystalpayne

Jan 14, 2013
Fort Mitchell
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My husband and I would totally go, he has big connections in the construction company, I'm sure he could get his hands on heavy equipment if need be!

doubled

Dec 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in spartanburg, and would love to go out some time. Basically I have been doing alot of research from gold concentrating machines to finding paths of gold and what mineral/rocks are indicators of gold...

PM me!!

OP
OP
S

skunkxx

Greenie
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds great I am going to have a well drill so i hope I can find out some of whats down there also.Just got a deal on one hole.Wounder if it would be worth drilling more holes,if I had the money.I think i would...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread