south for the fall/winter

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
South Fork Yuba River, Motherlode
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
from the Motherlode down to the Mother Road.
a little early, thought I had a ride to Colfax today, oh well.
right now in Starchucks in GV, then my thumb out to Colfax in the morning to catch the greydog :BangHead:
be in Kingman sometime wednesday morning, then thumb out again to near Havasu where I'll post up for the bad weather.
miss the river already, but I'd rather be a toasty goldbum than a soggy one.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ride to Colfax was easy...another miner spotted me and took me all the way there. didn't know him, but we gave each other the secret hi-sign that all miners know.
now doggin' it for the next 14 hours...bleh.
I'll ramble on more later when I get a better connection than this bus heading up through the passes. next stop: Reno Bay-bee..
'dios

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ride to Colfax was easy...another miner spotted me and took me all the way there. didn't know him, but we gave each other the secret hi-sign that all miners know.
now doggin' it for the next 14 hours...bleh.
I'll ramble on more later when I get a better connection than this bus heading up through the passes. next stop: Reno Bay-bee..
'dios

Does this secret high sign involve the gestures I make when trying to separate buckets that get jammed together?

If you wave a gold pan at me, I'll offer a ride just to hear your stories :)

OP
OP
L

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does this secret high sign involve the gestures I make when trying to separate buckets that get jammed together?

If you wave a gold pan at me, I'll offer a ride just to hear your stories :)

first, you gotta be a member of the Royal Order of the Purple Fingernail. you then wave this frantically like you're trying to take off, then you pick your earwax with it.

now in the truck stop off I-40, Havasu exit, dead tired (can never sleep on buses).
waiting for sundown so I can finally get some sleep. a few of the usuals here I've known from years past (bums)...of course now that I'm here, I'm the Golden Bum 'til the winter passes..I miss the river already <sigh>

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions