South Fork American River Gold

Lotus Geologist

Jan 6, 2014
Lotus/Coloma, California
Detector(s) used
MXT, TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Inspired by the posts here on Tnet, especial those of Mad Marshall, I went for a hike today to a slate bedrock outcrop along the South Fork American River. I know this river well as I am an avid whitewater kayaker and I have a plethora of locations that I want to check out.

Anyway, found these flakes after busting some slate and crack sweeping... maybe 30 minutes of work at the first place I tried... yeah, I'll be heading back there as it is statistically unlikely that I found the best spot right off the bat.

Thanks for all the knowledge that I’ve gained from everyone’s posts!

Lotus Geologist (John)

gold.JPG

Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Way to go buddy!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You're welcome sir! You beat my take for today. Welcome to the fever. You will represent us well.

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
You might be surprised at how often the first spot turns out to be the best spot in 100 yards either way..lol
Good gold hope it continues and gets bigger!!

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome LG, good looking color great work! Fever struck for sure, your gonna go far!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread