All Treasure Hunting

dfx-kevin

Mar 15, 2013
Southwest mississippi
Detector(s) used
whites dfx and Tesoro original silver saber
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Da$$&it man you are way down there , I'm from tylertown in walthall co. North of Washington parish. I'm curious to know what you've been finding down there? I found the planters bank piece of eight ( on my profile picture) here in my town. Google it and it pulls up my w n e treasures magazine story or treasurenetforum post.

OP
OP
P

plumbcrazy

Sep 2, 2013
South Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea man it's a three hour drive between us. I just received my AT pro on Friday. So far I have only found a lot of clad, one silver ring, and the rest is not worth mentioning. I am still in the process of talking to friends and researching the area trying to find a good place to hunt. If I find a place I will post it. If you have a good place to hunt I would be willing to drive if I am not busy.

1more4me

Jul 26, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Plumb- Getting started is the toughest part of the hobby. I'm too far from you, central part of state, but often fish out of Galliano.
Good finds come only after Great research!
I'll give you a big boost forward---
Here is a link to Topo maps of your area from current back to 1898. You apply the effort to pinpoint the good spots as best you can. Plantations tend to be clustered- usually a big block or two with 10-20 smaller ones around it-
USGS US Topo and Historical Topographic Map Collection

When you find that Golden spot that turns up GREAT finds over and over---give me shoutout and I come hunt with you for a day or two.
Good luck.

OP
OP
P

plumbcrazy

Sep 2, 2013
South Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the link. I am throwing out feelers and doing a lot of research of the area. Eventually I will stumble upon something good!

1more4me

Jul 26, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
In about 5 minutes- I've compared the 3d from last map on the linked page and a more modern one of the same size and I've located a perfect large cluster of 20 houses along with a building that was either a plantation or a school from the 1880's that existed EXACTLY on a precise street corner covering 20 acres east west and 5 wide north south.

Turns out- it's the only spot covered by a new housing development just south of the airport.... So you'll have to find another one...

It's under the blue block on the left...

Bound to be something on the fields surrounding the houses though.
Now all you have to do is get permission! If you stumble from here- it all you...
1890 houses at Woodlawn.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

plumbcrazy

Sep 2, 2013
South Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great. Really helped with figuring out locations. Ill have to do a little more research but that's the most help so far so tyvm.

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sent you a PM

OP
OP
P

plumbcrazy

Sep 2, 2013
South Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still looking for people to detect with. I don't want your money, or your locations, or anything other than the enjoyment of the hunt. Swinging a metal detector and digging holes all day long by myself really sucks, but it wont stop me from finding something good!

1more4me

Jul 26, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Plumb- too far for me... But if you'll find a bona fide spot with permission- I'd make a trip for an all day hunt.
Did you check he spot above?
Just cuz I like doing the map wok and research- I locked you down another spot. I'll PM that one...
PEACE

Tasmorn

Jun 9, 2013
Laplace, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Nox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in laplace pm me see if we can get something going

OP
OP
P

plumbcrazy

Sep 2, 2013
South Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm super busy over the next few months so I don't have time to line up a dig. If any of you guys want some company one weekend I would be happy to tag along. I'll make a couple hour drive for a good day hunting. PM me if you want some good company.

Papajoe

May 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Lake Charles, I can't find anybody here. I'm off Friday Saturday and Sunday

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone wants to make the trip to New Orleans on a weekend, I'd be happy to meet up and hit some parks. I finally got a chance to get out today, and took my girlfriend out for her first time with a detector. It was fun, but nothing great to report. Hopefully we'll get into the good stuff soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread