Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lot of mining pits in this area along the Arkansas. I followed what I thought was a wagon road and then noticed old railroad ties. Lot of the road bed has been washed out on down south. Must have been producing pretty well if they had a spur line up there, or somebody had money to burn. That does explain the old bridge across the river south of there by Clear Creek.

Attachments

• 4-10aa.jpg
    4-10aa.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 4-10cc.jpg
    4-10cc.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 4-10dd.jpg
    4-10dd.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 4-10ee.jpg
    4-10ee.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 55
  • 4-10gg.jpg
    4-10gg.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 55
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Step off 80 paces south of this X and dig or look for another marker.....haha, just kidding. There's a BLM survey marker a few feet from it, so it's probably something to do with that. That took a little more work than the usual graffiti artist will go to, and I'd say it's less than 50 years old.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is my favorite part of Colorado! Great pictures. My wife and I spent a summer camping in that area. There sure is a lot to explore. Lots of miners must have come through that part. I wish I had more time and was closer to that area. I have good memories of sneaking carefully down early in the cold to the river and surprising a few browns.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread