Southeastern PA - Looking for MD buddy

TOWcritter

Welcome to the forum. I'm kind of in the same boat as you. New to MD'ing (3 months or so) and no one around who wants to go hunt. Not even my wife, she thinks I'm nuts. I live nearBelair, Maryland and it is about 1-1/2 hrs from Philly? I have some nice sites very close and i'm into prospecting as well. I have pans and a new sluice I'm dying to try out asap! So if you're interested holler.

OP
OP
L

LelandGaunt

Yeah my grlfriend won't go anywhere with me if I have the MD in the car. She thinks its pretty ridiculous. Anyway, I'd be interested to see what kind fo stuff you find down in Maryland. I've been looking mainly north of Philadelphia and in Philadelphia.

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
well ur in a good place there in phili, did alot of hunting there, before moving down south,, fairmont park is real good, have to get a permit to hunt it,

PAdigs

Nov 22, 2005
S.E. PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys I'm also from the south east PA area and seek adventure, like searching for bottle dumps and just stated md-ing so don't be shy and get in touch!

root

Feb 25, 2005
Southeastern Pa.
Hey Folks!!

I'm also in Southeast (Springfield,Delco) I'm relatively new to MD'ing but dug bottles for 10 years. I haven't been able to get out much lately due to caring for my terminally ill wife of 31 years. 1 mile to the east we have a Swedish cabin circa. 1650 and 1 mile to the west,The Thomas Massey House circa. 1696 with all manner of history in between. My town was settled in 1682. Feel free to email me at [email protected] anytime and we can chat and perhaps I can carve out a couple of hours to hunt.

God Bless,

root

alkoz

Dec 31, 2006
Lansdowne, Pa
HI All,

Been lurking for a bit and this is my first post. I live in Lansdowne, Delaware County,,actually about 5 minutes from the Swedish cabin. My son got a metal detector a few months ago and we've been out on mini trips looking for stuff. So far we've found about a million pull tabs along with lots of scraps and a total of 12 cents.

We;re looking for a club to join or just others to get out with and find some "stuff". If interested, let us know.

thanks,

Al

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Garret ATI Pro, Ace 250 ATI Gold, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Live in York Pa, Born in and raised in Baltimore County, MD. Just retired (forced) from the Baltimore Police Dept. Now I need to do something. Can search anywhere. Give me a sghout guys and we can hook up. Ordering new detectors this week including a 2 box. Not much experience. [email protected]

PAMason

Jan 20, 2007
Pennsylvania
Hey folks, I am brand new to MDing as well, live in Telford, PA (Montgomery County on the edge of Bucks). I would be interested in joining in a hunt or two. I just started playing around in my back yard, so lets say very inexperienced. Email me.

Thanks
Ron

alash1

Dec 19, 2004
Montgomery County PA
Detector(s) used
White's Quantum II
It looks like a bunch of us live in the southeast PA/Phil area. Why don't we organize our own MD club. I live out in the Collegeville/Skippack area. Been there for 3 years. I used to live in NJ and belonged to a club out there. We did quite a few hunts on farms near the Monmouth battle field as well as semiannual beach hunts. I found that the most enjoyment I had was when several of us got together. I have hunted several parks in NJ and am looking for PA buddies to hunt with. If anyone has an interest please contact me.

mikesand

Feb 5, 2007
SE bucks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
BH Lonestar/ BH Pinpointer
Teknetics Liberator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey everyone,
i live in levittown and i just bought my first detector(BH lone star)
i'm a returning newbie so if ou want give me a shout.
mike

alkoz

Dec 31, 2006
Lansdowne, Pa
What do you think about trying to organize an early spring MD adventure. My son and I have been out a few times, but we really don't have any idea of what we're doing. It would be nice to see how it's really done. If you're interested, let us know.

Al

fyrfighter17

Feb 24, 2007
Essington,Pa
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all
Sorta a newbie,been out 3 or 4 times but it has taken 2 yrs to do it LOL I'm from Tinicum Twp(delco) feel free to add me to your buddie list ;D

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
My hubby and I just got our ACE 250 so we are newbies too. Seems that most of us here are. We are in Wallingford so we are close to many in this group. What we need is an experienced MDer to offer to take us to a good spot and show us the ropes. ( Anyone interested????) I'm having fun digging up the yard and a local playground so far but I sure would like to learn to dig coins without digging a plug. Add me to the list if a group gets together.

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Berks county Pa, but originally from lehigh county, Definitiley would be interested in joining a club with all of these locals if I'm not to late or the interest is still there. And Pa Mason I work in the Lower Gywenned area so I go by your neck of the woods every day(almost)

root

Feb 25, 2005
Southeastern Pa.
I'm in Springfield Delco. and I detect and dig bottles. I was involved with the Swedish Cabin for years. I'm currently digging a fairly productive spot in Chester(my hometown). Interested in meeting others with same interests.

Peace,

HH,

root

GeminiTattoo

Greenie
Oct 23, 2007
I'm brand new to this board as well and live in Philadelphia. I'd love to join whatever group gets put together. Sometimes I stand in center city on my way home from work and wonder about all the years of history here to be found and all the million miles of concrete over top of it all.

Let me know if anyone has gotten together at all and when the next time you're all going out...

[email protected]

Amanda R.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread