Southern California anything good?

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, Welcome to the site. It all depends on what you consider treasure or an interesting item. As you will read on this site, there are many treasures that excite people, Coins, Civil War relics, Bottles, Rocks, Fossils and the list goes on. Being that your from OC you have a lot of choices. The mountains to your East where there could be gold, to the beach to the West where there could be anything from coins to rings to watches, to smokin hot babe's in the sand. Second. I don't see any equipment listed in your bio, so do you want to metal detect, prospect, dumpster dive, or hunt yard sales? Third and in my opinion, how committed to your hobby do you want to be? When you figure out what you want to find, let us know and these fine folks here will give you great advise on how to start.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In S. Calif. one possible treasure that comes to mind is something called "Tom in CA"

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Northern Virginia

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
In S. Calif. one possible treasure that comes to mind is something called "Tom in CA"

Haha. I'm 4 to 5 hrs north of Los Angeles area.

All the parks have been hammered hard there. And at present, the beaches are probably lame. D/t no swell action (that I know of). Unless you want to stick to dry sand.

If a person had a lot of time on their hands, they could research out the high desert mountains east of there. For defunct resorts, camps, etc.... And travel route stage stops, springs, etc...

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SO Cal has been very active since early times. There are Indian artifacts, fossils, gold, coins from 1600's on. We have the missions and the El Camino Real The kings highway that was heavily traveled from the 1700's on. Lots of stuff to find here

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
....the El Camino Real The kings highway that was heavily traveled from the 1700's on......

I would not call it heavily-trafficked in those years. Do a study on the population of European incomers during anytime preceding the 1820s and 1830s. You will see that we were on the remotest parts of the earth even into the 1830s.

Also, a lot of the history that you speak of is under asphalt unfortunately. But yes, it is possible to find coins from the 1700s down there. I've gotten a few from down that way :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread