Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have 2 pin pointers i use with my Minelab GT ..........i use the Viba-Probe 570......and the ...Whites Bulleye...
  • ....................==Jim==
    OH you mean how do you pin point with a GT. Some pinpoint off the toe and some off the heel of the coil. Once i get a target i pull my coil back till the target is gone then go forward with the coil till i hit the target and it is right there on the very tip or toe of my coil. I use the toe of the coil.
    I am not that good on explaining that ..Double DD coil that is the best way i know how to pinpoint with it and it works great for me.... but some one else will also give you some more info.
[/list]

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
    • Gadabout - Jim said:
      Some pinpoint off the toe and some off the heel of the coil. Once i get a target i pull my coil back till the target is gone then go forward with the coil till i hit the target and it is right there on the very tip or toe of my coil. I use the toe of the coil.
      I am not that good on explaining that ..Double DD coil that is the best way i know how to pinpoint with it and it works great for me.... but some one else will also give you some more info.

Just as Jim explained, he is right on. :thumbsup: You can either X the target, swing one direction mark, turn 180 swing again and mark. Dig the center of the "X"

I normally do as Jim says, find a target, back the coil up, move forward till it sounds off, it will be at the toe of the coil....I never ever have a problem locating a target with the GT, except the times I just don't dig deep enough when I start...............

Good luck and good hunting.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some pinpoint off the toe and some off the heel of the coil. Once i get a target i pull my coil back till the target is gone then go forward with the coil till i hit the target and it is right there on the very tip or toe of my coil. I use the toe of the coil.

Jim and Treasure Hunter are right on about the easiest way to pinpoint with the DD coil on the Sov GT or Excal.

OP
OP
bucketofguts

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
thanks guys! :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread