Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all Out here where i live the fields and woods are 400 years of history in them i been using my DFX and found some very old coins and relics very deep , what i want to do to my new Sov is hip mount the control box and hook up a Sovereign GT DigiSearch Digital Target Indication Meter along with the S-1 target probe all on a straight shaft until i can get used to the sounds and also a pair of Black Widow head phones, is that possible both along with the Intruder S-12 coil if i go to the ocean beaches which most likely i will out here this Fall ill take off both units . Thanks for any help Jim :thumbsup:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Until just recently I had the meter and S-1 probe mounted for my GT. I also used the Minelab neck bag and used a bag from Lowes with 3 pockets for mounting all from my neck. I never used the straight shaft with the Sov GT though. I don't have the arms I used to have so I rely on brains and would rather have the arms. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
Until just recently I had the meter and S-1 probe mounted for my GT. I also used the Minelab neck bag and used a bag from Lowes with 3 pockets for mounting all from my neck. I never used the straight shaft with the Sov GT though. I don't have the arms I used to have so I rely on brains and would rather have the arms. :laughing7:
Hi sandman so what your saying is all that stuff is compatible probe and meter ? as far as a straight shaft i guess it dont matter i just thought it would be easier to swing and with the control box in a bag that would help the weight issue , i can swing a DFX with a 10x12 SEF coil for about 90 minutes and my arm is soar lol i learned to use both arms .Thats good to know that both units can be used on a the Sov. GT thanks Jim :thumbsup:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't hunt land as often as I hunt beaches so I do not use my Patriot meter often, but it works nicely. You could consider the Detectorpro uniprobe, the probe is separate, but both the coil tones and probe tones use same headset if you chose and can be used in conjunction with the meter. You plug the headset into controls of the Sovereign, and there is a 2 position switch you flip to switch between the coil and the probe....

Detectorpro Uniprobe
uniprobe1.jpg

You plug the cable from your coil into the Patriot meter, and then plug Patriot into your controls. The Patriot is lighted so you can also hunt at night with it... These meters are no longer made and are very hard to find, but can be found. I have seen them for sale occasionally on the various boards.

Patriot Meter
PatriotMeter.gif

PatroitMeter.jpg

Joe Patrick the maker of the Patriot meter has also made a new meter that fits inside the Sovereign, replacing the speaker. You can read about it here...

http://home.comcast.net/~dtekt/In-Sight/In-SightDisplayBrochure.pdf

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
I don't hunt land as often as I hunt beaches so I do not use my Patriot meter often, but it works nicely. You could consider the Detectorpro uniprobe, the probe is separate, but both the coil tones and probe tones use same headset if you chose and can be used in conjunction with the meter. You plug the headset into controls of the Sovereign, and there is a 2 position switch you flip to switch between the coil and the probe....

Detectorpro Uniprobe

You plug the cable from your coil into the Patriot meter, and then plug Patriot into your controls. The Patriot is lighted so you can also hunt at night with it... These meters are no longer made and are very hard to find, but can be found. I have seen them for sale occasionally on the various boards.

Patriot Meter

Joe Patrick the maker of the Patriot meter has also made a new meter that fits inside the Sovereign, replacing the speaker. You can read about it here...

I already have the SunRay probe for the Sov GT when i go to the link you have its Joe,s old speaker meter site ,it has nothing about the new meter is there a update site ? Jim

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deepdiger60 said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

Detectorpro Uniprobe

Patriot Meter

I already have the SunRay probe for the Sov GT when i go to the link you have its Joe,s old speaker meter site ,it has nothing about the new meter is there a update site ? Jim

I checked, that is old link for the new "in-sight" meter, it has a picture of the meter mounted into an older version of a Sovereign. I received an email from Joe that it was now available for the Sov GT.

Here is a newer link for the meter, notice it even shows the Sov GT.

http://home.comcast.net/~dtekt/In-Sight/

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Deepdiger60 said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

Detectorpro Uniprobe

Patriot Meter

I checked, that is old link for the new "in-sight" meter, it has a picture of the meter mounted into an older version of a Sovereign. I received an email from Joe that it was now available for the Sov GT.

No i was talking about the Patriot meter that is shown not the speaker model for my Sov.GT Thanks Jim

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deepdiger60 said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Deepdiger60 said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

Detectorpro Uniprobe

Patriot Meter

No i was talking about the Patriot meter that is shown not the speaker model for my Sov.GT Thanks Jim

Patriot meter shown in my pictures has not been made in close to 5 years, you have to look hard to find a use one, took me a year to find mine, I bought it from a hunter in NW Canada who bought a Sovereign with it, and did not want the meter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread