Sovereign all metal nulls

dirtynails

Mar 21, 2013
I have an elite that I always hunt in disc mode but both disc and notch turned all the way down. The beach I hunt is loaded with nails and small iron debris. Today I switched to all metal for a while. I would have thought that all the "nulls" would have gone away. They didn't it was still nulling over stuff. Why? If it is in all metal is there still some disc build in. It doesn't matter to me because I don't want to dig iron and am happy not to bit I thought that going all metal would be similar to a PI machine.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an elite that I always hunt in disc mode but both disc and notch turned all the way down. The beach I hunt is loaded with nails and small iron debris. Today I switched to all metal for a while. I would have thought that all the "nulls" would have gone away. They didn't it was still nulling over stuff. Why? If it is in all metal is there still some disc build in. It doesn't matter to me because I don't want to dig iron and am happy not to bit I thought that going all metal would be similar to a PI machine.
Something must be wrong then, because it should sound off on all metal just like PI hunting. The switch could be bad or a wire loose. Do you know how to check a switch with a multimeter? Or as long as it's in disc just use it like it is. Problem is you have to ground balance in All Metal.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Iron Mask"

the Sovereign will still null on Ore & rotted aluminum bits,
( possibly even black sand ? )
because it knows if your using a sovereign Your not into pure trash. :laughing7:

it's one of the many things I loved about the sovereign

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions