Panama City Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, X-Terra 50

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II
I have an elite. The biggest new feature on the gt is "accu trak" ground tracking option in the all metal mode.
It's designed to be used as an occasional gold machine on the goldfeilds. GT= Gold and Treasure.

I think a good used or cheap new elite if you can find one is the better value outta the 2. Unless you intend on using the ground tracking feature (only good in all metal mode).

Also got other 'novelties' like silent search and being able to turn off the iron mask and such I beleive (been a while since I researched this).

Also the GT is fitted with the straight shaft here compared to the elites s bend shaft.

Same coil same underlying unit-just slightly updated.

Hope that helps.

Have fun,
Salvager

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I HAD THE FIRST SOVEREIGN THEY MADE AND THERE IS HARDLY ANY DIFFRENCE IN ANY OF THEM.IF YOU ASK MINE LAB THEY WILL TELL YOU THEY ARE BASICALLY ALL THE SAME AND IF YOU USE ONE YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH ANY OF THEM.I REALLY LIKE LIKE THE SOVEREIGN. IT DID BETTER FOR ME THAN MY GARRETT 1500 BUT THEN MY GARRETT FREEDOM 2 COIN COMMANDER DID BETTER FOR ME THAN MY 1500 WHEN I USE A VID I DO NOT DIG WHEN IT TELLS IT IS A BAD TARGET AND I MISS A LOT THAT WAY I THINK.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread