rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya. I havent found any type of decoration at all in the places where I have found artifacts ever. Most of the points I find as in multiples are Archaic period. I guess they didnt really care about nothing but eating.

OP
OP
kinchafoonee

kinchafoonee

Apr 2, 2013
SoWeGa
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hear ya. I havent found any type of decoration at all in the places where I have found artifacts ever. Most of the points I find as in multiples are Archaic period. I guess they didnt really care about nothing but eating.

Same here, most of the stuff we have found through the years was archaic. I think most of the decorations are Woodland to mainly Mississippian. I did fond a small portion of a gorget on the farm the bead and banner stones I have posted. My friend who found this bead, also found one other complete bead, and one that was complete, but partially drilled. All three made of red jasper. Also all in one end of a small field, the same area the banner I posted that I found in two pieces, years apart.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I will find allot of tools and maybe 1 or 2 points all in one spot maybe 10ft x 10ft area. I was thinking it might of been a kill spot for their animal. Whats you take on it? I have found at least 8 spots like this in the fields I hunt. I dont think it would of been a camp site but I guess it is possible. Then other places just scattered here and there.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's possible, but I would think perhaps a small cache. The old man had some stuff hid in the corner of his hut, forgot about it, died, what ever, and the plow scatters it.

It's fun to imagine how artifacts got there, and what they were used for.

We were scratching around in a rock shelter years ago, found a flat rock, rolled it over an there was a beautiful point under it. I'm quite sure it was placed there for safe keeping, 5,000 yrs. later I find it. Blows my mind.

OP
OP
kinchafoonee

kinchafoonee

Apr 2, 2013
SoWeGa
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sometimes I will find allot of tools and maybe 1 or 2 points all in one spot maybe 10ft x 10ft area. I was thinking it might of been a kill spot for their animal. Whats you take on it? I have found at least 8 spots like this in the fields I hunt. I dont think it would of been a camp site but I guess it is possible. Then other places just scattered here and there.

Very well could be. Hard to read a field that has been plowed for decades. Stuff gets scattered, and pieces from different strata, time periods, get all mixed together and spread over large areas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread