New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last few days have been warm so I managed to come out of hibernation for a few short hunts. Today I found an old musket ball, an old copper coin which was completely toasted out and some old unidentified relics. The field I was at today I did with oldjerseygirl (Becky) she found a very cool Military button and a very similar roached out old copper coin
SAM_0069.JPG SAM_0068.JPG SAM_0073.JPG
Here is a couple links to similar buttons
Button backmarks, Scovill Manufacturing Company, Waterbury, Connecticut.
Identifying US Military Uniform Button Backmarks - Age, Type, Design, and Construction
I tried to clean up the coins, but had no success getting anything identifiable from either of them. Shame, allot of history in that neck of the woods.
SAM_0075.JPG SAM_0076.JPG
I also found some other relics the last couple days in some other soybean fields, in the pix I put the musket ball in there too.
SAM_0077.JPG SAM_0078.JPG SAM_0079.JPG SAM_0080.JPG

I hope the weather holds out (no snow) mild temperatures would be nice, been waiting for the thaw to hit that new spot with Vino (another old church in Philadelphia). When its cold out it's too easy for me to get comfortable in front of the television this time of year! HH everyone and Merry Christmas, whoops I meant Happy holidays!

Upvote 6

tracey17

Dec 26, 2014
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread