Soybean hunt produces 1836 Mexican 1 Real ! (warning pic heavy)

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Edit, this is not Mexico Mint, it is Zacatecas mint,(which is in Mexico) the assayer is MO those initials were what I thought were the mint mark. I wish I could find out how many were minted, my researcher skills suck, lol.

Oldjerseygirl and I went back again to our soybean fields (been there a few times with a few button finds) Today I got lucky and hit a nice 90 signal and out pops this beauty. Oh yeah, just in case I'm calling this coin the wrong name, misspelling it or any other mistakes, I just want everyone to know I still consider myself a rookie as far as knowing what coins are which and if cut coppers are really broken or even if my finds are FAKE, lol I have never tried to mislead any of you guys on purpose, just in pure ignorance. ( just trying to cover my ass before anyone gets there little spandex panties in a bunch! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lol

20151227_120030.jpg 20151227_120057.jpg 20151227_120049.jpg 20151227_120438.jpg 20151227_120454.jpg

I also found a 1944 Wheat, ox shoe, couple pewter musket balls and lots of garbage and trash.
Please enjoy all the pix
HH & GL
Brad

20151227_142748.jpg 20151227_131958.jpg 20151227_131946.jpg 20151227_120503.jpg 20151227_120428.jpg 20151227_104825_001.jpg 20151227_105258.jpg 20151227_151340.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 30

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find! Way to go!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds. Not being a wise guy but why do posters often warn of being "pic heavy"? Do readers not like pictures? I for one love pictures.

It called "click bait" and folks like us that love the photos are all over the post to view/enlarge/and a little drooling as this clearly shows the fantastic find of the day and one that will never see the light of the day from my soil hunting days.

Great looking piece of silver, love the design on them. Great to see you still have the yellow flowers coming out also, such a strange year for weather. But I think tonight will be it for us up here the white is coming on strong.

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello TH. That is one slam-dunk of an outstanding find! Nice, it will look great in any collection. Hopefully there are more goodies in that bean field.

Good Luck. C9

BTW how do reply to multiple replies in one post?

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A rose, by any other name.... ;)

No matter what any naysayers come up with, let them admit they wouldn't trade their current day's finds for one as interesting as this one!

Love it, Treb!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a beauty bud!!!! Is there anything better then old silver in the dirt? I think not

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs love the photos. Steve do you know everybody ?
Thanks

Thank you

By the way - how did the coin taste? How does Mexican silver compare to Spanish silver in taste? Lol
I'd tell you it taste like chicken, but it taste like dirt!

Awesome find! Way to go!
Thanks

It called "click bait" and folks like us that love the photos are all over the post to view/enlarge/and a little drooling as this clearly shows the fantastic find of the day and one that will never see the light of the day from my soil hunting days.

Great looking piece of silver, love the design on them. Great to see you still have the yellow flowers coming out also, such a strange year for weather. But I think tonight will be it for us up here the white is coming on strong.
Thank you, I love taking pix of my hunts.

Hello TH. That is one slam-dunk of an outstanding find! Nice, it will look great in any collection. Hopefully there are more goodies in that bean field.

Good Luck. C9

BTW how do reply to multiple replies in one post?
All depends are you using your phone or PC?
Oldjerseygirl found a 1871 IH today there!

"Warning" "Heavy" Made me look.
Me too

Great find. You never know whats going to end up under the coil in those fields. Nice

HH George
The other guy that was with us today found a Half Cent

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A rose, by any other name.... ;)

No matter what any naysayers come up with, let them admit they wouldn't trade their current day's finds for one as interesting as this one!

Love it, Treb!
Thank you Gary, always exciting seeing clean glint of silver in the hole. (GOLD too)

Thanks, I like your fields better ha lol

That's a beauty bud!!!! Is there anything better then old silver in the dirt? I think not
Thanks Abe!

Outstanding coin. Great job.
Thank you.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one pretty piece of silver.
I found a few foreign silver coins this year but nothing that old.
Congrats on a great find

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

(yea... when I find my "golden horseshoe") But hard to argue with ya!!!!

Fantastic find buddy.... CONGRATS: :occasion14:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Mexican silver. I have never found one of those. All my Mexican silbvers have been the Spanish variety.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread