space rock?

Crendel

Aug 30, 2018
western ny
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i was going to post this in the "what is it" thread but figured i would try here in the space rock section instead. found this near the niagara river shoreline while wandering around and looking for interesting things. i initially picked it up because at first glance i thought it might be a piece of old worn pottery, then got to thinking maybe a piece of some kind of coprolite, and finally took a turn towards achondratic meteorite. so i obviously dont really know what it is. its a little bit bigger than a bottle cap and feels just slightly heavier than similar size rocks from here. it wont stick to a kitchen magnet but it will very slightly hold to a neo magnet. i wanded it for appreciable metal with the garrett pinpointer and got nothing. it looks very much like a few examples of some achrondatic meteorites i stumbled across, and has a sort of "waxy looking film" on most of it. im trying to narrow the possibilities down by process of elimination, just because now im super curious so im starting here. any takes on this would very much be appreciated. cheers!

IMG_20210503_133603193.jpg
IMG_20210503_133617823.jpg IMG_20210503_093640778.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread