Spanish Cave Carving

N. Drake

May 1, 2012
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I posted this pic on a separate thread a while back and one of the guys there recommended I post over here. Went over one in paint so it could be viewed better. Meant to earlier but have been really busy. Here it is, if anyone has any info on what it may be, timeline, ect I appreciate it.

Thanks,
Nate.

Attachments

• iulian 1810.png
    iulian 1810.png
    174.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 123
OP
OP
N

N. Drake

May 1, 2012
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The name says Iulian, a Spanish name. and I've got other proof the Spanish came through this are in the early 1800's. And it's marked 1810.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
The name says Iulian, a Spanish name....

Meaning & History
Romanian form of Iulianus (see JULIAN).
Related Names
FEMININE FORM: Iuliana
OTHER LANGUAGES: Iulianus, Iulius, Julius (Ancient Roman), Julen (Basque), Yulian (Bulgarian), Julian, Julius,Jolyon, Jools, Jules, Julyan (English), Jules, Julien (French), Julian, Julius (German), Gyula (Hungarian), Giuliano, Giulio (Italian),Julian, Juliusz, Julek (Polish), Julio (Portuguese), Yuli, Yulian, Yuliy (Russian), Július (Slovak), Julij (Slovene), Julián,Julio (Spanish)

OP
OP
N

N. Drake

May 1, 2012
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is it "heckle Nate day" or something? Look, given the circumstances it was found under, and the treasure I'm after, the carving is Spanish. If you have any useful advice about the symbol, that'd be great. Otherwise, you're wasting both our time.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, it's been discussed here last year and is in the archives here(somewhere). Also references on the internet. Sorry...

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the 3rd letter is a V not an L

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Nate, I to have an opinion The date may be 1 = Gen. chapter 8 nerse 10 which references the number 7, if it was me doing the walking I would go 1320 to 1330 feet to a possible crest of the Hill / mountain ( 7 X 1 cordel / 1 cordel = 189.5 feet ), if its in W Texas and it may be near the NM border, If it is There's more information avaliable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

N. Drake

May 1, 2012
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I went back with a better camera, in better lighting and snapped a few more pics. They still aren't great, but it's pretty faded so its as good as I can get on camera. To me what I thought was an "I" originally seems to be an "L". and I think Wvwildman may be right about the third letter being a "V" instead of a "U". This would make the word say "Luvian". Which is another form of Luwian, a type of hieroglyphic script. If anyone has any thoughts, please fire away.

tn1.jpg tn2.jpg tn3.jpg tn4.jpg tn5.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions