Spanish Cobb (Shame its not real)

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Hunted the beach yesterday. Lots of trash left behind by the crowd and not much else. 36 pennies, and a few dollars in change, 4 junk earrings, a lead weight and a fake Spanish Cobb. I knew it wasn't real as soon as I saw it since it wasn't tarnished, but it was a cool find anyway. Got some needed exercise and enjoyed my time at the beach. Didn't pay for a gallon of gas, but it was nice to get out and hunt. Hope your hunt was successful. Blessings and HH, Ralph

Attachments

• Beach Treasure 001.JPG
    Beach Treasure 001.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 315
  • Beach Treasure 002.JPG
    Beach Treasure 002.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 328
  • Beach Treasure 003.JPG
    Beach Treasure 003.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 319
Upvote 0

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Well you got a little gas rebate money and that cobb would have made my heart skip a beat the second it flashed in my scoop. :o ....HH......

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I got one of these about 3 years ago and was really excited... Mine does not say "copy" on it but alas... it is a copy! Still it is one of my favorite finds!

Coastie59

Mar 13, 2011
NC Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, ATPRO,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to be exciteing tho to see the cob in the scoop! Good hunt

OP
OP
petersra

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Coastie59 said:
Had to be exciteing tho to see the cob in the scoop! Good hunt

It was exciting for a split second...... Now if it had been gold colored and not tarnished, that would have been a heart stopper. It is the second one of these I have found on this beach, and it is a treasured find. Retail value worth at least a buck :icon_pirat: Any time on the beach is time enjoyed. Thanks for looking. HH to ya all. Ralph

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions