Spanish coin

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I posted this under a different topic and should have put it here. I found this Spanish coin a while back but haven't had the internet thus no recent posts. I thought I would share it with you gng's. My heart was really pumping when I found it but took it to a jewerer friend who tells me that it is not real. I also took it to my club where one guy would say it's real and the next would say no, it is a copy. Then I took it to Mel Fisher's treasure museum in Sebastian, Florida but I live a long way from there and the only guy that could tell me about it had just left for the day! So I guess I am going with the jewerer's answer of it is a copy. STILL - I was excited to find it and have a great time talking about it. It was not found near the water. It was found about 3 inches down in a grass parking lot.

Spanishcoin121306.jpg

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
interesting...might want to show it to some more people

HH
-GC

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
send me better pics......I'll give you my opinion.
weight if possible, is the color I see gold? or is it just the photo?
area found..etc...
I'll be back on later......

Trez

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
that is the best picture I have of it. Found in a grass parking lot about 3 inches down. Weight 21 grams and yes, it looks gold but the jewerer said it was maybe plated???

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
mumszie said:
that is the best picture I have of it. Found in a grass parking lot about 3 inches down. Weight 21 grams and yes, it looks gold but the jewerer said it was maybe plated???
Maybe plated? He couldnt tell for sure? Try to ID the base metal. Cool find either way. Was it found in Florida?

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Looks pretty fake to me. My kid has about 50 or so of these. If it was gold, you would not see the rubbing off and base metal. If it was silver, it would not look gold!

Just my 2 cent!

Robert in SC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions