wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks as though our friends at Global Marine have discovered a Spanish Galleon in the Gulf of Mexico, and some of my sources are telling me that it?s up near Pensacola in the Florida pan handle, about a hundred miles off shore. All I can say is that they had better forget about it for a while, and head into port until the hurricane passes.

http://www.primezone.com/newsroom/?d=81312

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
Very exciting new find. It will be interesting to see what stance, if any, Sppain takes towards this wreck. It is outside US waters, but still within the U.S. Exclusive Economic Zone. I suspect that Global have already established their position with Spain.

You are right about the hurricanes. Gold isn't worth much when you are at the bottom of the ocean yourself.

Mariner

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
100 miles S. of Pensacola is the De Soto canyon. It is over 2500 feet deep! It starts getting deep just a few miles out of Pensacola. The only Spanish ships that I know of that sank around Pensacola was Tristan de Luna's fleet. His vessels were trying to establish a new colony and they carried no treasure. A Spanish galleon was excavated by the U. of West Fla. a few years back (the Emanuel Point wreck) and they found only a few coins on the wreck.

globalmarine

Jul 9, 2005
Hi Wreckdiver,

Thanks for the note.. found some interesting items ..but our Slogan now is "we can't go ..even though we Know" becasue denis is bashing the helk out of the wreck or uncovering it.. hopfully the latter :)

keep and eye on the website for more.. interesting area.. nice location guess.. was a hard one to locate. D

OP
OP
wreckdiver1715

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doug, welcome to the Forum. I hope that Dennis ends up helping out, not hindering your recovery operations. Keep up the good work!

Q

globalmarine

Jul 9, 2005
Hi and thank you for the Kind note.. we will be back out shortly.. dennis may have been a menis, however, she is deep so hopfully no scars.. be nice if it was blown for me :) but doubt very much i would be so lucky.

will keep you informed.. nature of the biz. just wish the season of storms would slow down for just a short time.. say a year LOL.

All the best on your projects also,

Doug

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread