Spanish Silver, 6 Coppers, Shoe Buckle, Heel Plate, 17 Buttons

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a rare day and a half of solid hunting. Saturday morning I went looking for a mid 1600svtavern that apparently didn't want to be found....but I found two cellar holes unexpectedly. Not as old as I like but they were there so I started searching. Buttons and coppers came quick then I found a beautiful brass heel plate. I also found a really ugly Spanish silver but I'm always happy to have them. I got home last night and took my stuff out. No heel plate. I walked over 7 miles and figured I'd never find it. I was pretty bummed and decided that I would get up super early and go look for it as I thought I may know approximately where I lost it. I got in there early this morning and quickly found it. I was psyched as its a cool design and a nice thick solid brass plate. I decided that I wanted to go somewhere older and headed back to my truck. Nailed a couple more buttons on the way out. I got to the next site and eventually found the colonial cellar hole. Dug a couple of buttons early on and then got a nice 88 signal and after a battle with some tree roots got the shoe buckle out. I also found a nice old hoe as well. After cleaning up the 6 coppers I've decided from now on I'm only hunting 16 and 1700s sites. I'm so sick of digging toasted coppers I don't care if I ever see another. One of the coppers is a KGii that may be counterfeit. It's got some weird rust spots on it. Theres a large cent and two tokens as well. Ones an 1837 Canadian bank token. The spanish I 1782 I think? Never dug this many keepers so quickly in my life. But from now on its the real old stuff or bust. I know I'm spoiled but I'm just being honest. Good luck out there guys
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Upvote 29
OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you guys. I shouldn't have said that as I k ow some would kill to get on the sites that I have scattered everywhere. It's just very frustrating when you dig a pile of coppers and you get em home to realize they're all destroyed. Out of the tons of LCs and kgs I have dug I have one beautiful 1760 Hibernia and one gorgeous 1802 LC. I sound like an ungrateful spoiled little punk. I should have said that I prefer to hunt sites that could produce a shoe buckle. That wouldn't have sounded as whiny. And Steve is right on about the potential for great finds at early 1800s sites. When o started a year and a half ago I would have been doing cartwheels to have a weekend like this one. And don't get me wrong it was very fun digging all of those keepers. So I apologize with my frustrated reaction and trust me I am very appreciative and grateful to have all of these killer sites. Thanks for all of the nice replies guys and good luck

GWWJR

Jul 4, 2004
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you guys. I shouldn't have said that as I k ow some would kill to get on the sites that I have scattered everywhere. It's just very frustrating when you dig a pile of coppers and you get em home to realize they're all destroyed. Out of the tons of LCs and kgs I have dug I have one beautiful 1760 Hibernia and one gorgeous 1802 LC. I sound like an ungrateful spoiled little punk. I should have said that I prefer to hunt sites that could produce a shoe buckle. That wouldn't have sounded as whiny. And Steve is right on about the potential for great finds at early 1800s sites. When o started a year and a half ago I would have been doing cartwheels to have a weekend like this one. And don't get me wrong it was very fun digging all of those keepers. So I apologize with my frustrated reaction and trust me I am very appreciative and grateful to have all of these killer sites. Thanks for all of the nice replies guys and good luck

LOL. I cant help but chuckle. Reminds me of when I was *****ing about finding pesky modern silver coins in the middle of a super old colonial site. Took a few days for that to wear off. :laughing9:

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Abe, we don't judge buddy. We just play tiny violins and poke fun. We all understand it's quite an emotional hobby at times.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah digging coppers and buttons is not something I should be complaining about. I'll try to only put forth the positive vibes from now on.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Abe, we don't judge buddy. We just play tiny violins and poke fun. We all understand it's quite an emotional hobby at times.

Give the guy a break, did you ever think that maybe he was emotional because it was his time of the weekend? ;)

P itted
M oney
S yndrome

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As always Ahab impressive hunt! Did you have to dig out the cellar hole or just swing in the vicinity?

Hey bud sorry I just saw your question. I really didn't sink my teeth into the thick iron patches yet. That stuff was pretty much scattered around the perimeter

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man ole man. My hero is at it again. Awesome hunt Abe.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
That is what im talking about Abe:headbang:

Not as old as you like eh?

Cmon now...

~Blaze~

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just mail those "junk" coppers to PA, Abe. I'll take care of them for you. LOL

Seriously- nice hunt! Really like the heel plate and buckle. Glad you were able to find the heel plate the second time around. :)

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. Keith they're in the mail. Can you send me that GPZ 7000 in return 8-)

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man ole man. My hero is at it again. Awesome hunt Abe.

There you are buddy. Good to see TN Guns pop up. We've missed you brother

Last edited:

Dirtwisher

Nov 1, 2013
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" and 11", AT Pro, Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There you are buddy. Good to see TN Guns pop up. We've kissed you brother
Abe does not speak for all of us with that last sentence! Lol

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Abe does not speak for all of us with that last sentence! Lol

Hmmmm lol. Yep that wasn't precisely what I was trying to say. Guess I should take a better look before I hit reply. 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions