Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all , as usual too lazy to post but have been finding stuff. Got out to some sites that I have researched and was waiting for some cooler weather to hit this area. It is a long steep walk to the area. I was looking for a bunch of cellars spread out along a old road network. One of the cellars was well off the beaten path and I thought would be tough to locate (and hopefully not pounded), but my research paid off and I found it without much problem . I felt of the sites in the area this one had the best chance of being unhit. The site consisted of an old cellar , a large barn and a shallow rock lined outbuilding. The problem was that it was thick with summer growth and had a lot of large iron. So I concentrated on the small areas that were relatively clear that were mostly 50-75 yards away from the hole. Before too long I found a brass barrel tap and a small flat button. Then got a nice hit and pulled a toasty draped bust. So I felt good about the site and decided to leave and see if locate the other cellars and come back this fall when the brush dies down. For the heck of it I was swinging on the road about 50 feet from the hole and got a crystal clear 81 signal at 5 inches and while I was sure it was silver I figured it was a damn Washington quarter dropped by a hunter 50 years ago. Well when I saw it I knew it was not a quarter and was thrilled to find a 1784 reale; a 2 reale I believe, and in nice shape. Even though my aging legs hate the hike into these sites I think I'll be back this fall. Thanks IMG_0987.JPG IMG_0988 (1).JPG IMG_0982.JPG IMG_0983.JPG IMG_0985.JPG IMG_0997.JPG IMG_0998.JPG

Upvote 29

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ooooooh baby that coin is nice! Congrats on that beautiful 2 reales. I think you're going to have some serious fun this fall in there. And my goodness a solid 85 at an old site is a great feeling. Congrats buddy

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a real beauty! Still on my bucket list, congrats and HH

OP
OP
G

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ooooooh baby that coin is nice! Congrats on that beautiful 2 reales. I think you're going to have some serious fun this fall in there. And my goodness a solid 85 at an old site is a great feeling. Congrats buddy

Yeah I was holding my breath; lately my 80's tones at old sites have been Barber and Mercury dimes .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread