Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't find these very often, in fact it's only my 2nd Spanish silver in 35 years of detecting. I had the day off work yesterday, so I decided to return to a field that I was at a few weeks ago. On my first trip there, I could not find where the house was located according to the Plat book. I decided to start walking a line straight East, and 10 minutes into the hunt my detector alerted me to a great signal. I dug the signal, and it was this 1829 Spanish 1 Reale in great condition ! Four more hours of detecting, and I had also found an axe head, vintage ear tag for a cow, other iron, and 4 square nails. Only 2 good targets in the hunt, but it was worth the 50 minute drive. I'm pretty sure I have located the house site, and will be making a return trip this upcoming weekend. Happy Easter to all.

Attachments

• IMG_5581.jpeg
    IMG_5581.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 161
  • IMG_5582.jpeg
    IMG_5582.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 135
  • IMG_5583.jpeg
    IMG_5583.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 135
Upvote 33

Oldrvrrat57

Jan 2, 2022
Illinois
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 and XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on finding a Spanish in Illinois!! There here I've been MDing about 15 years and close to the Mississippi and Illinois rivers so far I've recovered 12, one reales, half reals and 2 reales. Great find

Last edited:

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't find these very often, in fact it's only my 2nd Spanish silver in 35 years of detecting. I had the day off work yesterday, so I decided to return to a field that I was at a few weeks ago. On my first trip there, I could not find where the house was located according to the Plat book. I decided to start walking a line straight East, and 10 minutes into the hunt my detector alerted me to a great signal. I dug the signal, and it was this 1829 Spanish 1 Reale in great condition ! Four more hours of detecting, and I had also found an axe head, vintage ear tag for a cow, other iron, and 4 square nails. Only 2 good targets in the hunt, but it was worth the 50 minute drive. I'm pretty sure I have located the house site, and will be making a return trip this upcoming weekend. Happy Easter to all.
oh my, big time gratz

OP
OP
Trezurehunter

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on finding a Spanish in Illinois!! There here I've been MDing about 15 years and close to the Mississippi and Illinois rivers so far I've recovered 12, one reales, half reals and 2 reales. Great find
Now 12 is an impressive number for Illinois. I would expect to hear that kind of number come from our friends out East !. Congrats to you on all of those nice coins.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going thanks for sharing with us :)

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread